“Not the best”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Not the best”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We arrived late at night to this hotel in order to catch an early flight next morning and when we got there, there was one person at the front desk dealing with EVERYTHING. When we started checking in, the woman there kept on getting interrupted, so it took us 20 minutes just to check in!!! After we checked in we wanted to go to our room on the second floor and we were looking for the elevator in order to take our luggage up, BUT THERE WASNT AN ELEVATOR!!! We had to carry our baggage up the stairs. Then we arrived at our room and it was a non-smoking room. But the room beside us was a smoking-allowed room!!! All we smelled was smoke!!! In the morning we asked for a shuttle at 6 AM, but the shuttle was ‘delayed’, and came at 6:15 AM!!! Also, we were expecting breakfast to start at 6 AM so that we can grab something on the go, but even when the shuttle left at 6:20, there still WASN’T BREAKFAST!!! But at least the driver was nice on the way there and back, and he helped us with our luggage. Overall, the price for this hotel is good, but the actual place isn’t very good.

Room Tip: Ask for away from a smoking-allowed room!!
4 Thank Jason G
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I am sorry for the experience that you had. I will find out what the problem was on that day and correct it with our staff. I will also look into the other problems that you had. Most check-ins only take a few minutes so I am sorry it took that long. I hope you can us again as we have many exciting changes happening with renovations.

Michael Karas GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Erie, Pa
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here as a park and fly on December 17th. I don't know why some people are giving this hotel bad reviews. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub area was very nice. Yes, they do take your keys. (They do get some snow in Buffalo in the winter and need your keys to move your car in order to plow). The breakfast was hot and very good. Our shuttle departed on time. We returned from our trip three weeks later.(it's a bonus that they let you leave your car there for that long of a time). During the prior week, Buffalo was hit with two feet of snow and below zero temps. Our shuttle driver went above and beyond. He drove us to our car, helped us brush the snow off it, made sure the car started, and that we were able to exit the lot. We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and plan on staying again this spring. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

1 Thank DaveErie_Pa
Thank you for the compliments. We are working hard on improving the property. We have added a new parking lot and have plans to renovate the rooms in the spring. We really appreciate when people take the time to write compliments. I am glad you had a great stay. We hope to see you soon!
Michael Karas GM
Oshawa, ON
Reviewed 6 January 2014

the room had not been vaccumed! potatoe chips bits found around the room! Internet didnt work in the room OR the lobby. i had to keep asking if they would try resetting the device. Finally got it in their business office but not in the lobby on my cell (yes i could connect to other business IE Kolhs) !!! Yes it was close to the airport and shopping but so are other hotels!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank muppet364

Travellers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Waterford, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here before and after a flight out of Buffalo and parked our cars there. This hotel takes your keys and when we were waiting for shuttle a family was frantic as they needed their key to get something from car and hotel could not find keys. Entrance to lobby has two sets of doors that have no wheelchair button and do not open automatically. Check in was fast and we had two connecting rooms. The furnishings in rooms were fine- flat screen tvs, microwave and little fridge. The rooms however were filthy. There were unknown drippings on doors-hair on bathroom floors- dust everywhere clock radio, top of headboards etc.-grime around taps. We did not complain had an early flight. Coffee was either non existent or cold in the lobby- in the morning two of us got coffee my husband was told by front desk person that he would make some "later"...we were leaving. On our return home we stayed one night again. They did not have any connecting rooms so had two rooms close together and I told them we had very dirty rooms our first night. The bathroom in our room appeared to not have been cleaned- toilet seat was up and when putting down noticed hair around hinges and yellow guck.......also comforter had a yellow clump of something on top of one of the beds......dust everywhere and lint/dirt noticeable on carpet-fridge had food particles clinging to wire shelving. I went to complain and front desk girl went to the person in office- I had picture of the toilet- office person told front desk girl to tell me the yellow gook is not urine but cleaning solution and the hairs well oops sorry we will give you a different room. The office person made no attempt to come out and talk to me personally but I could hear her talking to the front desk girl.......so we switched rooms and the next was slightly better but not much- did not care for the blood spatters on one comforter so got a new one. The next morning there were lots of cleaners about and we took note there was nothing on their carts that contained a yellow cleaning solution- there was blue, clear and foaming bleach. We also noticed that all cleaners seem to keep comforters in the rooms they do not wash or replace but you would think they would notice yellow clumps and blood spatters when making the beds? We met up with many cleaners on the long journey from room to breakfast and not one smiled or said hello. We found this in the entire hotel that no one was particularly friendly with the exception of both shuttle drivers we had- both were excellent, friendly, talkative. Breakfast was okay........tables not cleaned, food not labelled......unknown meat mixture which someone asked and it was corned beef hash. Nothing in the little fridge until one man who must have been before asked for yogurt and she brought out maybe 6 and put in fridge. The pool and hot tub area was very nice. The door to outside near our room did not lock so anyone can come in at any time. Shuttle excellent. We will not stay here again as hotel is far too dirty. I had questioned if there were renovated rooms at check in but office lady said to check in girl in a whisper I heard "It doesn't matter they are all the same" as she was looking in computer for available rooms.

4 Thank sandy f
NorthCentral PA
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed two nights...one on the flight out, the second when I landed 5 days later. This property is badly in need of a facelift. It's old, and worn looking. The Febreze that they used to try to cover the old smoke smell is a bit overwhelming, and doesn't quite do the job in the hallways. It was generally very quiet, other than the heating unit...which I eventually shut off in order to get some sleep. The shuttle for my flight out was on time, and the driver polite and helpful. The rest of the staff was friendly. However, on the return stay, the night clerk put me on the second floor. There is no elevator, and I had 60 lbs of luggage. The night clerk suggested that I just put it in my car. I ended up dragging it up the stairs. I did complain to the manager the next day, and was given a discount on my stay, with the assurance that I could get a first floor room on my next stay if I requested it in advance. With a bit of remodeling, this would be a nice hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If you have a lot of luggage, request a room on the first floor when you make...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed two nights to do some shopping. Hotel is in a good location although when arriving from the south, a U-turn is required to pull in to the parking lot.
Room was older and well used, but clean and comfortable.
We had an issue with our tv and maintenance was relatively prompt to come and sort it out.

We didn't try the breakfast due to the great breakfast places nearby, like Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans, but continental breakfast is available and there is also a bar that's open til 11pm.

Overall we knew what to expect with this hotel and got exactly that: a comfortable place to crash after a long day of shopping, reasonably priced and close to everything.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night to do some shopping. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Free toiletries came in handy as we both forgot our toothbrush (thank-you).
Only complaints were the window wouldn't lock and could not be fixed and the hallways smelled like smoke ( but not our room).
Breakfast was good. Coffee was yummy.
Checkin was quick and effortless. Hotel had free wifi although not advertised on website which was a nice surprise.
Overall happy with the choice to stay here and will use this hotel again in the future.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
#19 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!