“clean and efficient”

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I arrived to some renovations in the lobby, but was not an inconvenience at all. The staff was very pleasant, while tyler(management I assume) gave me a complimentary upgrade due to my past frequent stays. I chose this hotel because it was close to my meetings, and found that is was a comfortable stay with reliable service, and great internet service as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ruth m
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We have upgraded our internet services just last month. We added wireless booster to all guest rooms because we understand our guests need fast internet. I am glad to hear the upgrades are working. We tried to do our lobby project in different sections and we appreciate you understanding this. We are adding the final touches to the lobby and lounge areas. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Michael Karas

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport
6700 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived around 6:30pm on a Sunday. Wasn't warned that the lobby was under complete renovation and there was a 2 1/2 ft section of counter to conduct business at. Anyways- arrived and waited at the counter for 10 minutes for someone to greet us. There were employees using the computer in the back, a couple girls at the "bar" working or conversing. When greeted I signed the receipt and was told where the rooms were. I wasn't even told the room number.. Upon my trip though the corridor, up the steps, then down another hallways to get to my room, we had to dodge scrambled eggs on the stairs that must have been from breakfast that ended over 8 hours ago. The hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. No elevator. The room was okay minus the fact that my boyfriend almost puked because of the pee and pubic hair on the toilet. Also, the toilet seat was gross- it looked as though someone went through with a soaked towel and ran it over it and it dried with the water marks all over it. I pray it wasn't toilet water and my boyfriend cleaned the toilet so we could use it. Yes, really. :/ We then ventured to the "bar", had a drink, and got to watch the same front desk girl and a front desk guy flirt and spin around in a chair, text, complain about ex's, etc.. I couldn't drink my beverage fast enough. The lights were literally like spotlights on us where we sat. At this point, we decided to go relax in the Jacuzzi. We have one at home, and we travel A LOT, so this seemed like a safe bet. Neither of us could even get our entire body into the water, it was overly heated. It THEN made sense to us why every time we walked by, people were sitting with only their feet in.. Pool had white hairs in it, throughout, almost like a kid took a stuffed animal in and it "shed" in the water. So, we lucked out in both. The shower had the worst water pressure I've even seen, and it took me double the time to get the conditioner out of my hair. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. No coffee mugs in the room. We decided to spare ourselves and skip the breakfast, based on every other "amenity" here. I honestly couldn't have left any quicker. It resembled more of a sad early 90's motel. I still don't understand the "hotel" part of the establishment. It is literally, a motel, with a (under construction) lobby. I would never recommend nor allow anyone I know to stay here. Oh, and don't get my started on the scummy looking recliner.. It was definitely the worst $100 I've ever spent..

Room Tip: pay the extra $ and go somewhere else. really.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FunMom2014

We are sorry about your experience. We did renovate our lobby recently and it is now complete. We did make all areas of the hotels functional as best we could by doing the project in sections. I apologize for the inconvenience it caused. I am sorry but we write down your room number on the key envelope at check-in. It is our policy not to verbal communicate room numbers for security reasons. Regarding the housekeeping and bar staff issues; I will work with my staff and investigate on fixing these issues. I hope you can try us again in the future and see our exciting changes.
Michael Karas

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I don't know why a hotel provides wide screen HD TV and gives you no where to watch it from. Who decreed that you have to watch TV in your bed or in the lobby? Provide a comfortable chair or two. At least this hotel has resisted the corporate edict to raise the beds four inches. That at least gives you someplace to sit. The new enlarged parking lot to allow park and fly service makes for easier parking near your roo. Unfortunately, the construction has displaced some wildlife and as we were checking out, we saw 3 deer grazing along the fenceline. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. This is an old hotel and they are redoing the lobby. The money would be better spent to make rooms more comfortable. Microwave and fridge are appreciated, although in one of our rooms, the fridge was not working. Be aware that there are no "one queen rooms" as listed and you are given a small king room with a chair.

Room Tip: Ther are no one queen rooms - you are given a one king with chair at the front of the hotel which ma...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BeepTraveller
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I returned Monday night, May 5th from a 12 day trip to California. I left my car parked at the Clarion Hotel near the Buffalo airport. How lovely to return and be greeted by Molly the van driver who picked me up at the airport (faster than the parking lot shuttles on site) and delivered me to my car. She was courteous and provided me with great directions to get back on the highway to home. Thanks Molly! (From Sherry in Niagara Region Canada)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sherry D
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here overnight before flying out to Fort Lauderdale from Buffalo for three days. For a very reasonable price I was shuttled to and from the airport, given parking for my vehicle for 3 days, and served a price-included, wonderful, hot breakfast. It isn't super fancy, but the staff from the front desk, to the breakfast room, to the shuttle driver (especially Molly) were all friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, it's clean and everything was so easy. Several family members had stayed here while they were in Buffalo and recommended it. I would recommend it, too, and will stay here again next time I am in Buffalo. There are several dining choices very close to the hotel which add to the ease of your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BarbHeagy
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We took a long family weekend from 4/12 - 4/15 with a family of 9. Like with other reviews, I agree, the hotel is in need of some tlc. But for the price its not bad. Breakfast each morning was very good for a free. Sausage gravy, biscuits, scramble eggs, cereal and do it yourself waffles. The indoor pool was exactly what the kids needed after visiting with relatives all day. And the spa was nice for the adults. The exercise machines are in need of replacement. If you plan a visit to the Buffalo area and like buffalo wing's, do yourself a favor and visit Duff's you won't regret it. Overall would I stay here again, probably.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shootzie17
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a shopping weekend and booked it via Hotwire at $80/night all in. Wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Staff very helpful and friendly, pool and hot tub are great, and this rate included breakfast in the morning. The beds were extremely comfortable, the halls were quiet and there was a washer/dryer around the corner in the vending machine room. The decor is nothing special and as others have mentioned..the carpets are somewhat worn..but you know what? I would rather spend my $$ shopping, gambling and eating and drinking while in Buffalo than on any upscale hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nbcOntario_Canada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
#13 of 22 in Cheektowaga
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!