“Very good for the price.”

Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Toronto, Canada
“Very good for the price.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We reserved this hotel for a park-sleep-fly package and we were not disappointed. We had decided to stay at the hotel on the way back after our flight. We were delayed at the border crossing into the US and we arrived at the hotel with very little time to spare to park the car, unload our baggage, and get the shuttle to the airport. However, the front desk manager (Mark) was awesome and arranged for the shuttle immediately to ensure we made it in time for our flight. The airport is also very, very close to the hotel. Breakfast was decent. Rooms were a bit old but more spacious than the newer hotels.

1 Thank Orencio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel at the last minute--less than 24 hours so it was a bit pricey. I was driving back from Canada and decided to leave a day earlier so I could be on time for an early morning flight from Buffalo. This Hotel is close to the airport. But it is a bit dated..the carpet is worn and should be replaced. Judging from the carpet in the hallway I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room smelled fresh and clean. The room is average and bathroom is large. There is free wifi not even needing a password. There is free standard continental breakfast, a pool and a gym. I rated this hotel average because there is no elevator to the second floor and I had to carry my luggage up and down the stairs and I think appearance is important in any hotel. The hotel should replace the carpet on the stairs and hallway that is dirty and worn.

• Stayed August 2014
Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I originally made, and then cancelled a reservation through a third party reseller, who lists hotels offering a park, sleep and fly option. All of the reviews, both here on Trip Adviser, and with this third party reseller. were almost all positive, and I likely would stay at this hotel for one or more nights if my travels took me to that area

However reading some of the reviews written by those guests who booked through this reseller, and who spent one night and parked their vehicles at this hotel while flying out of Buffalo Airport, left me with some concerns. For anyone using the park, sleep, and fly option, the hotel wants guests to leave the keys to their car with them. While I have every confidence in the professional integrity of the hotel and it's management, I can't help but wonder if an individual hotel employee would sometimes be tempted to engage in a little "midnight joyriding" in my car while I was away for a week or two.

For that reason I cancelled my reservation, and have written these comments to make others aware of this requirement before booking a room and being compelled to leave your car AND KEYS at this hotel for days or weeks while flying out of the airport.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I found the park, sleep & fly deal on the internet and was surprised when I arrived at this hotel. The staff were friendly, and were more than ready to attend to my needs. I would highly recommend this hotel and will use it on a future flight out of Buffalo.

1 Thank travelling-grandma-9
Lido Beach, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Situated within hearing distance of the New York Thruway, this hotel is fine for a break from driving and, surprisingly, I would even recommend it for families with young children as it has a nice, fairly shallow, indoor pool. It also has a gym, standard breakfast fare, a bar and lounge area. The front desk staff is quite friendly, offers fairly accurate driving directions, and rooms are fairly standard, clean and large enough. Being that it is situated on VERY busy (and congested)Transit Road, there is no lack of stores, stores, stores for you to shop at. If you pass by the nearby Grand Place Caterers, you will see a large "sculpture/painting" honoring the workmen who helped build Manhattan. Also a memorial statue to The Battle of the Bulge (WWII) Kind of random, but both worth seeing.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I found this hotel to be not bad for a quick over night stay. I was flying out with my family early in the AM and the hotel offered everything needed for a quick stay in terms of comfort and service. The rooms were clean but nothing to be impressed about. I would pay the extra money and stay at one of the newer properties in the area next time however.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

location is good, right on the highway. try to get a room on the inner courtyard to keep road noise to a minimum. not to say it is overly loud, but if you are beside a highway there is bound to be some noise. breakfast is very good, many hot choices. wifi was not so great, my windows pc and my android tablet never did get connected, my wifes ipad sort of connected. the hotel was clean, the hallways and some features of the rooms are outdated but they are working on updating the place. the staff was friendly and we would stay again.

Room Tip: on the non highway side would be optimum
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
#13 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!