In 2004, we wanted to visit the Adirondacks and found the Ledge Rock website. After talking on the phone with the owners, Dave & Jean, we decided to take a chance on it. We have stayed in many hotels throughout the the U.S. & Canada and are sometimes dissapointed. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised with a nice view, a large, clean room with a small deck and picture window, and friendly innkeepers. We came during the spring off-season, so the pool wasn't open quite yet, but our experience was relaxing and quiet. In 2007, we decided to stay there again, and were not dissapointed. The motel is located about 10 miles from Lake Placid, but the roadway twists and turns along the AuSable river and fly fishermen were out. The drive is exceptional in the evening as the sun is setting. Day trips through Upper Jay, Keene, Lake Placid, up to the summit of Whiteface Mtn, Chapel Pond, AuSable Chasm, ... are very relaxing and sometimes sublime. Fort Ticonderoga and even ice cream in Vermont (they have the best) are nice to try once. Early morning and evening are the best for photography. When we went in '07', they were just finishing a new coat of paint on the outside, and had just bought several brand new grills for guest use, which we used a few times. The great room is nice for sitting down for a movie, eating a pizza, or a game of pool. They have some movies, but you can also bring your own. If you have a family with young children like us, or are into fishing, hiking, skiing, bicycling, rock climbing, or just a peaceful setting, this area is nice and Ledge Rock is well located. If you are looking for room service and more nightlife, staying in Lake Placid might be more for you. If you're trying to get away from the crowds and enjoy the Adirondack park, while staying in a decently maintained place, I would recommend Ledge Rock at Whiteface.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodging at the entrance to Whiteface Ski Area and while having the best views of Whiteface Mountain from your room. Fishing is walking distance from Lodge. People love bringing their drones here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ledge Rock at Whiteface reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledge Rock At Whiteface Hotel Wilmington
- Ledge Rock At Whiteface Wilmington