Ledge Rock at Whiteface Mountain
US$284
Mountain Brook Lodge(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$99
Travelocity
The Hungry Trout Resort(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$149
Grand View Motel(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$132
Cadence Lodge at Whiteface(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$104
Travelocity
ADK Trail Inn(Upper Jay)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelocity
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$107
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsplace to stayski areawhiteface mountainrecreation roomsmall refrigerator and microwavehigh falls gorgerooms are cleannew ownerscoffee makereasy accessdown the roadausable riverbagelslake placid areaslopesrogermotel
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I have a 3 month old and an almost 3 year old. Just being in our roomer felt like we were really away! Amazing views from the window, swing set and very nice pool. Our kitchenette was recently remodeled so it had everything we needed. It's so hard to get going with kids in tow so this place was perfect. Lake placid is only 10/15 minutes away and the drive there is beautiful. I plan to return very soon.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank debzavino
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We went skiing at Whiteface in Dec 2012 and stayed at the Ledge Rock. It proved to be a great choice!

The Baker family are excellent hosts who do their best to meet their customers' requests (and we had some rather whimsical ones). The place is nice and quiet. The rooms are very clean, spacious, well equipped and with a great view of Whiteface. One could well walk to the ski center (but we've been too lazy to haul the ski gear on foot and we drove for three minutes instead).

If you've read my earlier review of the Inn at Whiteface, which is just across the road, you may wonder how the two compare. Having stayed at both, I'll say choosing one or the other is a matter of personal preference (and perhaps availability). For example, for me, the motel style of Ledge Rock meant I had very easy access to the smoking area - just outside the room. Parking the car in front of the door was another advantage (double advantage if your car has a remote starter - mine doesn't).

Dining in the neighbourhood is easy. The Hungry Trout is a 15 minutes stroll away, and driving to Wilderness II won't take longer than 5 minutes.

The Legde Rock has become my first choice of accommodation for the ski trips at Whiteface and I intend to return as soon as I can get a few more days off work and on the slopes!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of Whiteface. Upper level rooms have balconies and parking at the back.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hobiefan
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We have stayed there in the past & made a reservation (in July) to return there in early October. About 5-6 days before we were to arrive our daughter was hospitalized & had to have surgery. I immediate called the motel & explained our situation. Apparently they are NOT family oriented & insisted that the cancellation policy was 10 days & they stuck to it. Finally they offered us a chance to return in the winter which is when we do NOT travel to that area. I told David that but he is simply grabbing the money & that's it! I have shared this experience with my photo group & classes. They have been warned.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank telephoto32
David10130, Owner at Ledge Rock at Whiteface Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

This reservation was made on July 20, 2012 for a stay on October 2, 2012. At the time of reservation, and later in writing, the guest was informed of our cancellation/refund policy requiring a notification 10 days prior to arrival. The cancellation was received by us in the evening of September 29, 2012, 3 days prior to arrival. The guest was given the option of, instead of forfeiting the deposit, applying it to a future stay. She declined our offer. Upon learning of the medical situation, we have issued a refund to her less a $25. processing fee. I regret if there was a misunderstanding in this matter.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

It is a two level structure with balconies on the upper level facing the mountain and just down the block from the Hungry Trout. It's just about the same as the Hungry Trout and was recommended by them when they were full.

Nice owners and a pleasant small pool for hot summer days.

Room Tip: Upstairs with an outdoor porch
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

One of our top choices when coming to the high peaks! The owners are WONDERFUL. We have been to this hotel many times over the last 15 years. They are always very friendly and helpful. This past summer we stayed in the 2 room suite for the IRONMAN. It was perfect! The owners set up a shade tent and provided a complimentary lunch of grilled hot dogs, chips, and soda. It was a really nice time. The pool is clean and provided hours of fun for the kids! Our room was also clean and comfortable. We had TV's in both rooms, and the kitchen was perfect! The morning of the race the maid actually washed our dishes and put them away for us and when I ran into her during the lunch to say Thanks, she said "I just knew you were going to have a busy day"! It was very nice! The only thing that might be considered a negetive is that it IS a little farther out of town. BUT, the view of Whiteface is wonderful! For us, it's nice to get a break from the crowds of Lake Placid. There ARE places to eat nearby....ask the owners! They recommended the Hungry Trout to us several years ago and it was wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family