“The Hidden Gem of the Adirondaks”

Willkommen Hof Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Wilmington B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Hidden Gem of the Adirondaks”
Reviewed 30 December 2003

As a "First Timer" in a B&B I was at first reluctant. If you are looking for a place that you can be as active as you want to be then this is the place. If you want to Ski, Hike, Fish or just Relax then Heike and Bert's B&B is the place. Just Do It, make the call you will not be sorry.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 3 December 2002

This is one "homey" B & B. I never wanted to stay at someone's house. But my wife wanted to and I did. I never thought I would like it. This was the best and eye opening experience I had all year. This place is the greatest. A true "home away from home".

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2002

I will write about my summer experiences as a guest at the Willkommen Hof B&B. First of all, if you enjoy taking in gorgeous scenery and being part of it while hiking, swimming, kayaking, biking or just going for a stroll, Willimington is the place to be. If you enjoy a B&B that is comfortable, inviting, country elegant yet not fussy at all, (you can bring small children and your dog,) the Willkommen Hof is the inn for you. If you are looking for hosts that are friendly, interesting, very knowledgeable about the area, truely caring about your comfort and interests, then you can't go wrong coming to the Willkommen Hof Inn.
My husband first brought me to the Willkommen Hof when I was pregnant with our son. He is now 11 and we have been able to spend a few lovely days almost every summer enjoying staying at Bert and Heike Yost's inn. Usually, we come for the Pig Roast weekend, a time for meeting friends, having delicious food and enjoying outdoor activities. I enjoy the peaceful feeling I get when I go for a hike amongst the tall pine trees. I love hanging out on the beach beside the Ausable river or going for a refreshing swim. I enjoy kayaking around the Ausable. I love hanging out on the Willkommen Hof wrap around porch and watching the humming birds come to the feeders hung from the roof.
I have enjoyed listening to some great music at the pig roasts and dancing, (one of my favorite things to do.) After all that hiking and dancing, I have enjoyed relaxing in the spacious hot tub, outside in the back deck while counting stars. I am not a big shopper, but I do like strolling along the sidewalks of Lake Placid, seeing whats doing and having a casual lunch with my family.
My son Abe wants to say that he enjoys making new friends and seeing old friends, the Pig Roast, discovering a beaver pond, kayaking, playing darts in the dining room and swimming in the river.
Most of all, I enjoy just hanging out at the Willkommen Hof with my family and friends having a relaxing time, reading in the library or savoring a cup of coffee in the morning stillness. That is my fun experience at the Willkommen Hof Inn. What will your's be?

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2002

Willkommen Hof is just a great place very close to the Whiteface ski area. Everything a skier would want is provided by the friendly owners, Bert and Heike. Great breakfast to start the day, discount for the lift tickets, sauna and hot tub to relax in after the day on the beautiful mountain. This is the place!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
#2 of 9 in Wilmington
The Hungry Trout Resort
The Hungry Trout Resort
#3 of 9 in Wilmington

Been to Willkommen Hof Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!