“Fun”

Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Great switcback and out and back trails This place will keep you challenged

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I did not think I would enjoy this - I was mistaken. I arrived at Whiteface Mountain Bike Park with neighborhood biking experience and thinking I had no business venturing onto this mountainous terrain. But I'm becoming more adventurous in my mid-life and made the decision to try it. Downhill Mike, owner/operator/overall great guy, gave us (me, my husband and son) a highly valuable tutorial prior to cutting us loose. We were outfitted with protective gear and bused up the hill to various trails - repeatedly. We had a great time, learned a lot and are eager for our next mountain biking excursion. The employees of the park are a really awesome bunch. Our thanks to them!

My advice to a newbee like me:
1. Wear all of the protective gear available.
2. When in doubt - walk your bike.
3. Don't ride your bike on the roads.
4. Visit the mountain brook that cascades down Whiteface - gorgeous.
5. Stay on the trails for beginners.
6. Enjoy the adrenaline rush!
7. Bring a picnic lunch and eat by the Ausable River - runs right by Whiteface.

1  Thank lulu8049