“Perfect mountain getaway”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Wilmington
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect mountain getaway”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just spent a weekend staying here and can't thank Al and Alicia enough for their hospitality. You can tell they take great care of their property and have real pride in ownership. Rooms are warm and inviting, complimentary breakfast hits the spot, and they know all the best local spots for dining, outdoors, and fun. Family/pet-oriented and super military friendly; you can bet we'll be back many times for sure. :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
You are welcome!!! Yes, we love taking care of the troops! I wish real names were posted instead of aliases so I could be more personal in my replies! Semper Fi!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Mountain Brook Lodge for the New Years holiday. I can state unreservedly that this is one of the best little lodges I've ever stayed in. The owners were warm, welcoming, and attentive to our needs. The rooms are clean and homey, with nice furnishings and comfortable memory foam mattresses on the beds. There were plenty of pillows, extra blankets, a fridge, microwave, and a high def television in our room. This lodge has the feel of a bed and breakfast, with wonderful hospitality and fantastic rooms. It's located only a few miles from Whiteface and only 15 minutes from Lake Placid. There is a continental breakfast offered every morning in a cozy dining room located near the office. Plus, the price can't be beat! We will definitely stay here again if we ever return to the Lake Placid region.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara F
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful words!!!! I need to hire you as my marketing manager!!! :)
Brunswick, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here the weekend while visiting Santa's workshop. My husband, son and I were greeted like family upon arrival by Al and Alicia. What great people! Alicia walked us right to our room and made sure we had everything we needed. Al was up early making sure we had what we wanted for breakfast. He even made some french toast sticks for my son :) The room was clean and cozy, a very "at home" feeling. Anyone young or old would feel very comfortable here. Al is a veteran, and being a daughter of a veteran, we had some great conversations. Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cherie J
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you!!!! We pride ourselves on the little things such as walking you to your room! And, I love making the French Toast sticks for the kids! Semper Fi!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a clean, Adirondack themed hotel very close to Whiteface Mountain and out of the traffic and noise of Lake Placid, but still close enough to get there in about 15 minutes.

the room we stayed in had new furnishings, carpet, and a new memory foam mattress.

The hosts are awesome people, and they offer a very nice breakfast every morning.

Just an all around good motel. Don't hesitate to make a reservation, you wont regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank treq21
Waterville, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend just stayed here this past weekend. our first time ever going to lake placid. My boyfriend found this lodge which was just 10 miles from lake placid, and this by far was the best place I have ever stayed at. Al & Alicia welcome you with open arms like your family. He showed us our room turned on the little heater for us, and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Its a comfortable cozy rustic motel. In the morning you have so many choices for breakfast, and theres a cute little gift shop too. The location is perfect!!! DEF going back just to see Al and Alicia again. thank you again guys you made our trip that much better :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xlizardxtonguex
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I visited Lake Placid to watch the North Atlantic Regional Figure Skating Championship.My daughter located a reasonably priced motel a few miles outside of Lake Placid! What a Find! I was greeted by Alicia late at night and taken to my room.The room was clean and very cozy and you couldn't ask for a more comfortable bed.The continental breakfast was good.It is set up in their gift shop with individual tables. A great place to meet the guests,everyone was so friendly.The best part about Mountain Brook is the owners Al and Alicia,they treat you like family.A great motel. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alfred T
Fulton, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

A cute and cozy get away. Becky was on duty as manager while my husband and I stayed there. Room was comfortable. Nice breakfast set up in the am. Becky always had a wonderful tip, idea, directions on what would make our stay better. She went above and beyond to make us feel at home. We will definitely be going back to this lodge. Beautiful views from the yard and parking lot. Great prices on rooms. Just an all around great place. :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Adirondack Spruce Lodge
#4 of 9 in Wilmington
Cadence Lodge at Whiteface
Cadence Lodge at Whiteface
#3 of 6 in Wilmington

Been to Mountain Brook Lodge? Share your experiences!