“Mountain Brook Lodge-March 2014 Visit”

Mountain Brook Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Wilmington
Niskayuna, New York
“Mountain Brook Lodge-March 2014 Visit”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We enjoyed our recent two night stay at the Mountain Brook Lodge and would recommend the motel to anyone looking for a friendly, comfortable place to stay for Whiteface Mountain or the Lake Placid area. The room was nice and decorated in a mountain style. The beds were comfortable, and the shower was good (plenty of hot water, with good water pressure). The price was very reasonable, especially as we were there for the ECAC Hockey Tournament during a good ski season. However, what sets the Mountain Brook Lodge apart and why we are looking forward to returning is the hospitality of the owners. Our host Al met us and showed us our room on Friday night and made us feel right at home. Our kids loved playing with their very nice dog, Bam-Bam. There were a number of extras that made the stay more pleasant. Cream, cocoa and popcorn are provided in the rooms. I travel with Starbucks vias, and it was so nice not to have to ruin my coffee with powdered "cream". The cable was HD and had a number of kid-friendly channels, so our kids were able to unwind after the hockey games with a Disney show. Our room had a small coffee maker, a microwave, a freezer, a small fridge, and a small table with two chairs, so we were able to store fruit and leftover pizza in our room. The continental breakfast was good, and there are small fussball and air hockey tables in the gift shop, so we were able to enjoy a second cup of coffee/tea, while the kids played after breakfast. For summer, there is an outdoor pool, as well as a fire pit.

Room Tip: Tip: book by phone to save the online booking fee charged by booking through Expedia. Also, bring y...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Penny C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I booked a room for my family (wife and 2 young girls 10<) completely blind for the busy Whiteface Presidents day weekend primarily due to the proximity to the mountain ( no driving through lake Placid!) as well as having a full size tub. Due to harsh weather, we arrived late on the 1st night and Al called us to let us know that our room was ready and waiting and that we should take our time, and to drive safely.

When we arrived, the room was modest in accordance with the price, but exceedingly warm and welcoming with 2 memory foam beds and spots for our winter gear to dry.

Over the course of the stay we always felt a genuine warmth from the proprietors Al and Alicia and were never wanting for anything. The included continental breakfast was a comprehensive spread including something for everyone.

If you are of the Military sort, Al is a Marine Sgt (Ret), and offers a discount for servicemen/women

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nyc247
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

They sent me a confirmation of my stay for 1 but next day I get a email telling me they can't hold that reservation and they don't offer anything else. I wrote them an email asking why they cancelled me and he replied because his wife booked the room via phone just before my internet reservation. He replied: I apologize but next time book earlier! (I had booked a week before).

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank Fernando B
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I visited the lodge for 3 nights and the experience was great. The room was clean and warm. We received plenty of towels and snacks. The lodge had a wide selection for breakfast. The lodge is about 3 miles from white face. Its really close to the mtn. The owners Al and Alicia are the nicest people you can meet. They went and above and beyond to make our stay great. I will stay at this lodge again!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
They you for the wonderful review. We love it when folks are happy!!!
NY
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Generous Hospitality is the phrase that came to mind when staying here. Little extras that make a stay so nice, popcorn packs in the room, PLENTY of towels, lovely bed spreads with throw pillows, a drip tray for boots inside the door, and the most generous choice of breakfast items for the continental breakfast, that I've ever encountered! Comfy beds too!
The 50 year old bathtub was as shiny as the day it was minted too! Really enjoyed our stay here and we hope to come back in the summer! Closer to Whiteface than Lake Placid, too!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you!!!!! Closer than Lake Placid and we save you money!!! Housekeeping loves the comment about the sparkling clean 50 year old tub! Please hurry back!!
Yaphank, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Mountain Brook Lodge is comfortable, warm, and inviting, and the hosts, Al and Alicia are incredibly friendly and outgoing. I travel a lot and have stayed in many places that are much fancier than the Mountain Brook Lodge, but I have never stayed any place that I enjoyed nearly as much. The price is awesome, the atmosphere is very welcoming, the lodge is full of personality, and the people are great. I highly recommend MBL and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you Collen!!!! You and the family were wonderful! Great picture of BamBam. Please hurry back!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just spent a weekend staying here and can't thank Al and Alicia enough for their hospitality. You can tell they take great care of their property and have real pride in ownership. Rooms are warm and inviting, complimentary breakfast hits the spot, and they know all the best local spots for dining, outdoors, and fun. Family/pet-oriented and super military friendly; you can bet we'll be back many times for sure. :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
You are welcome!!! Yes, we love taking care of the troops! I wish real names were posted instead of aliases so I could be more personal in my replies! Semper Fi!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Cobble Mountain Lodge
#4 of 9 in Wilmington
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid

Been to Mountain Brook Lodge? Share your experiences!