My girlfriend and I escaped the city for the weekend and booked Friday and Saturday night at Beds on Clouds. This is exactly what we look for in a bed and breakfast - come here and you won't be disappointed.
- The house - beautiful from the outside with flowers and a big porch...right in the middle of town, ideal location. We stayed in the "Sunset" room and found it be elegantly decorated with plenty of room and extremely clean & comfortable. The bed is a dream.
- The owner - Rebecca is fantastic! She is certainly a character and will welcome you with open arms into her home. She has a ton of knowledge and experiences to chat about....we loved interacting with her. Some people have said in previous posts that she was difficult.....she has a personality and some people want a key & a room and that's it.....well if that is what you want, then don't come to a bed and breakfast. She is the best.
- The food - her husband makes some of the best omlettes we've had...very accomodating for vegetarians. Eggs, croissants, fruit, coffee/tea, etc.....delicious food.
- Activities - she can help point you in the right direction with things to do .....we went to the caverns one day and then did some hiking the next. Rebecca is very helpful, and again...extremely knowledgable.
This is the kind of place that I would come back to.....summer or winter. Windham is beautiful in the summer time and has some amazing things to do outside...come visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open year round!Elegantly restored 1854 Victorian mansion.3 Awards of Excellence for its hospitality,2013 ,2010 and 2012 .Situated in Windham’s lovely Historic District.Choose from 5 cozy rooms,intimate,luxuriously furnished with original art and antiques.Down feather beds,plenty of pillows and private, pink marble tiled baths. Filtered water throughout.Cared for with ECO friendly products Charming, convenient hub for your ski, hiking or golf vacation. . On premises is a photo & fine arts gallery featuring award winning photographer Susumu Sato. Ideal for skiers, hikers ,honey mooner's ,art lovers, antique hunters and the common man. Within 10 minutes walk to Slopes, 5 miles to Hunter Mountain and Zip-line 5 miles to Water Park "Zoom Floom", 3 minutes walk to PUB,Fine Dining, Bars, Galleries, Concert hall, Beauty spa and NYC Bus.32 Flat screens TV's ,Free WI-Fi, AC and Cable. Member of Small & Elegant Hotels.Languages; English, German,French,Italian and Japanese ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Beds On Clouds Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beds On Clouds Bed And Breakfast Inn Windham, NY - Catskill Region