“Fine French cuisine in windham? Yes ”

Bistro Brie & Bordeaux
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bistro Brie & Bordeaux is a casual French County resturant in the heart of the Catskills, offering classic French classics and modern new favorites. During the Christmas Holidays we are open every night and President's week we are open additinal hours. We are open for Valentine's Day, The 4th of July and Wednesday-Sunday during July and August.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious meal beginning with crisp Sauvignon blanc and endive and Roquefort salad - lovely bread (always an indicator!) stellar service - they even house made some hot sauce when my husbands bouillabaisse wasn't spicy enough! My rack of lamb with a parsley herb-y coating was perfect and we both loved the profiteroles - ideal blend of pastry to ice cream to chocolate! Definitely recommend

1  Thank Mjfun23

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on a weeknight and although the room was full with an anniversary celebration, they found a spot for us outside on the balcony. Very interesting menu and amazing presentation. The seafood was very good. A bit cramped in terms is seating, but very good, overall!

1  Thank lunarscape
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our family of picky French food eaters has been going here ever since it opened, so we picked it for our folks' 50th wedding anniversary -- and BBB did not disappoint. Excellent duck, salmon and steak dishes, and superb Bordeaux wine and salad were the standouts. They also accommodated our idea of creating swan-shaped desert pastries!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Every year before attending the Windham chamber music festival which is directly across the street, we make having dinner here a priority!! The service is excellent, as is the selection of fresh, quality foods. We are never disappointed in the quality . I had escargot, which came to the table bubbling in butter, garlic and herbs. Then a huge melt in your mouth filet mignon, done just the way I like it. A salad of fresh apples and fennel with nuts could have been a meal by itself. There is an inside and outside part to the restaurant where the doors are left open, so no need for AC, even in July! It really is the best in Windham! You MUST make a reservation because it fills ups very quickly after 5pm.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was my second time dining here with 6 years in-between visits. The staff was friendly and accommodating our waitress was personal and pleasant and beyond that the meals were fabulous. Crispy duck breast with a spiced poached pear, herbed fingerling potatoes and French green beans with garlic. Pow. Flavor explosion. I will be back as soon as I am able. Prices were similar to other places in town as well making the value very good in comparison to other meals I have had in town. I loved it ..........again.