“Fabulous, did not want to leave!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captains Inn Point Lookout

and 1 more site!
Captains Inn Point Lookout
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous, did not want to leave!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Paul and I had a glimpse of the Inn last year when we were in Windham. I am so very happy that he made reservations for our recent overnight stay in the Catskills. The genuine warmth and hospitality of Ron and Laurie ensured that our stay was perfect. The room was very clean and so comfortable and of course the view was awesome. We wanted to do some hiking and see some waterfalls and Ron was so helpful to us in giving us the information that we needed. Dinner in The Victorian Rose Restaurant was another 5 star experience. The service was great and the chef is to be commended for the fine food. I was very impressed with the way Ron takes the time to visit his dinner guests, again ensuring that all is well. So many personal touches added to the totally enjoyable stay. Five star is the highest rating allowed, our experience warrants much more. Looking forward to returning hopefully soon. Thank You Ron and Laurie for making this all possible.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pinkeagles1952
Ron L, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Too Kind. You are both so welcome here. We will look forward to your next visit. Thanks again, Ron & Laurie : )

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Eclectic charm and personal touches make this perfect non-chain experience unique. My traveling companion and I stopped here for lunch recently and will be back several times this summer and fall for overnight stays. The inn is ideally situated for hiking, horseback riding, and swimming in summer and skiing is mere minutes away in winter, The lunch was superb, served with friendly manner, and the inn was an interesting mix of decor and styles, making it fun to stroll around exploring... there are, of course, the outdoor decks, dining areas, and walkways which seem to hug the cliffside as you gaze northeast over the Hudson Valley, Berkshires, Greens, Whites, and beyond...the rec room is cozy and homey, the viewing tower and spiral staircase is a nod to the tower that dominated the site in years past, and the rooms I glimpsed had all been refurbished recently, each in its own distinctive style and scheme. It is a versatile ambience, suitable for family or romantic getaways. The staff is attentive but not hovering, no doubt picked with care by the innkeepers, Ron and Laurie...we met Laurie. We look forward to meeting Ron this summer. Calvin from MetroBoston

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Calvin A
Ron L, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
It always warms my heart to read positive feedback. It pleases us, to please you. Thank you for Loving this place as much as we do and Thank You for your encouraging review once again. Looking forward to meeting and speaking with you soon. Stay Blessed : )
Tuxedo Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We recently stayed at the Inn this winter for a multi-family ski weekend. Reservations were a snap over the phone and Ron was very helpful in booking the four rooms we needed. The two sets of parents had rooms overlooking the "five state view" and the two sets of kids rooms were across the hall. The rooms were clean, comfortable and just what we needed after a day of skiing. The beds were comfortable. The BIG surprise was the dining experience. What a couple of meals! Though our table of 10 may have overwhelmed the staff on Friday night (there was another large group in the dining room), the food was excellent and cooked to perfection! We decided to eat there again on Saturday night and this time we were greeted with two servers who took our orders and waited on us meticulously. Again, a wonderful meal. The bar was very nice and our host, Ron was most accommodating to our every request. The kids enjoyed the pool table and air hockey downstairs as well. Admittedly, the Four Seasons it is not - but they are not charging Four Seasons' prices (nor could you find one within 100 miles!) If you're a ski parent and don't want to worry about your hotel during your weekend, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SkidadJMB
Ron L, Manager at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to record such kind thoughts of your stay with us. We truly value your business and are honored to be part of such a great family memory. With 10 years here we still look forward to the future at Point Lookout Mountain Inn. Stay Blessed : ) P.S. Check the Point Lookout Mountain Inn facebook page for a new picture of the Dr. Suess Tower!
commack
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We just had a wonderful trip to Windham. Point Lookout had wonderful views, and the owner and staff were very warm and accomodating. We enjoyed their recreation room daily, which included pool, air hockey, and lots of stuff to keep the kids entertained during downtime. The breakfast in the mornings was also really nice. It was included in the price of the room,and included homemade frittatas, cereals, fresh fruits and an array of breads and jams. We would definitely visit this inn again in the future. Good eating, nice people and great view.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cindyCommack
Ron L, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for your review. It is heartwarming to know that the effort put into this place is appreciated. We have done our best for over ten years now and GOD willing we will continue to do so. Please come back soon : )
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I'm a little confused by all of the glowing reviews of this property. My boyfriend and I made a reservation here for the weekend based on the trip advisor reviews and the hotel's website, both of which were extremely deceiving. The view from the hotel is indeed quite breathtaking and the owners were nice enough and very accommodating (though super Christian, and if it's not your thing to hear about how every day is a miracle thanks to Jesus Christ, I would avoid a lengthy conversation) but the hotel itself is very much in need of an update. The walls are super thin, you can hear everything going on in the rooms around you and hallways. The rooms look nothing like the website. Our room was very outdated (rotting wooden doors, rusty fixtures, a beaten up reglazed bedside table, a window air conditioner with plastic wrap and duct tape around it for insulation). The sheets were stained, the carpet was dirty, the TV was an old box RCA at least 20 years old. No phone in the room. The pillows were uncomfortable, there weren't adequate curtains on the windows so you're pretty much awake as soon as the sun is up. There's a nice game and TV room which little kids seemed to enjoy, but even that is very old and dated and reminded me of a grandma's basement (a broken bowflex, a partial deck of cards, some beaten up board games). It's all very kitschy and different, we generally try and avoid chain hotels if there's an option to support a local place. But I had the idea we were going to a luxurious country inn, so if you make a reservation here at least know what to expect. For the price I guess you pay for the view, because it's not even close to an equivalent price wise hotel's (Comfort Inn, Marriott, etc) standard.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ellasoup
Ron L, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. There are thousands of guests that come here and take away happy memories. Everyone is entitled to their own belief. Did not mean to offend you by sharing the news about Jesus Christ. The inn is in need of major overhaul and we are hopeful this place will remain a viable point of interest and commerce for our community. Thank you for your feedback.
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I was driving through the Catskills from Hunter Mtn. and wanted to have lunch somewhere different...and with an amazing view. I had heard about Pt. Lookout Inn somewhere in Windham and called the inn for directions and I believe Lauri, the owner/innkeeper answered. She helped me out with directions AND she said she would reserve a table for me near the window so I could enjoy the view. I couldn't believe somebody would take the time to do this during their busy hour but she did. I was warmly greeted and seated near the windows as promised. I kept seeing this fantastic-looking food pass my table and was so impressed. I even overheard fellow diners commenting on wonderful the food was. I ordered the tortilla chicken soup and a side salad. The soup was the best I've had since Sedona and the so-called side salad was such a pleasant surprise! Mixed greens with a variety of diced and whole veggies dressed with a light vinagrette and croutons...not your average side salad at all...I wolfed that down and was so pleased with the entire 'light lunch' that I did comment to the waitress to please tell the kitchen how good everything was. You will wait for your food - but, it's worth it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank buxxy
Ron L, Manager at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
I am soooo Thankful when any of our guests take time to share their experience here for others to see. Unfortunately we are unable to meet everyone's expectations, but are soooo happy that you had a Great stay : )
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

My husband John and I went for our anniversary. This was our first time staying at Point Lookout Inn. The hosts Ronnie and Laurie were so friendly and very accomodating to every need. Very relaxing and peaceful stay. Beds are very comfortable. The entire place is beautifully decorated. The FOOD is AMAZING!!! I can't say enough about the food - we went to bed with stomach aches because we coudln't stop eating!!! The Inn resturant had some of the best food I have ever tasted! Excellent place to stay....highly recommended! And my hsuband and I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda K
FiveStateView, Owner at Captains Inn Point Lookout, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
I have said it before and I will say it again, "we are truly Blessed". It has been not only a privilege to be the stewards almost 10 years now. We have had the GOoD fortune not only to meet the most Great & Wonderful people, but to share in making happy memories never to be forgotten. Life IS GOoD! We continue to hope and pray for all people. Those within our communities, Point Lookouts' employees, and ALL Its' guests, will continue to be Blessed. Thanks to you ALL : )
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Hotel Vienna
Christman's Windham House
Albergo Allegria
Albergo Allegria
#1 of 10 in Windham

Been to Captains Inn Point Lookout? Share your experiences!