“Summer Retreat in Ski Country”
Review of Hotel Vienna

Hotel Vienna
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Windham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Lots of beautiful trees, quiet, an indoor pool and hot tub...need I say more? Oh..friendly staff, well appointed rooms and a healthy continental breakfast each day! Did I mention how reasonablae the price was? It WAS.

Room Tip: Get mountainside
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Tried to make a reservation for my family. My wife, 19 year old daughter and my self and they would not allow the three of us in one room? SICK PEOPLE! DON'T GO!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Robert B
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

We are very sorry we were unable to accommodate you, your wife and your 19 year old daughter, however, we did not have a room that would accommodate 3 adults, for the time you were looking for. We would have happily accepted your reservation if we had the availability of a room with 2 Queen beds.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Booked on a spur of the moment and enjoyed the hotel!! The pool and hot tub were very nice and going in the early summer we had the place pretty much to ourselves. Our room was spacious and clean with a small balcony to sit on. The continental breakfast was also very nice, with super fresh croissants, pasties, cereal, etc. The staff was always helpful and friendly, with a hello whenever you entered. I would def. recomend this hotel to friends. The Catskill area is beautiful, and we did some easy hikes to some awsome waterfalls.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Vienna for two nights in February and had a wonderful time. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We stayed in one of the rooms on the second floor that faced the mountains and were blessed with mild weather so that we could enjoy our balcony. I loved watching the birds! The room was very clean and comfortable, though it could use some updated drapes and upholstery (though that is a matter of taste not quality). We loved using the indoor pools and hot tub, and also enjoyed the big shower and jacuzzi tub in our room. Lastly, we really appreciated the little basket of toiletries, gum, cold medicine, etc. It was such a nice, unexpected touch. All in all, it was a lovely little getaway and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the mountains. It's a lovely view even in the winter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kah474
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was our first go at skiing. It was great to be around the corner from Windham. The shuttle was perfect. Hotel Vienna was relaxing, clean, and quiet. We had a small balcony which was very relaxing to watch the birds outside. I used to be in the travel business and it was perfect for a weekend. Since I was not skiing, I thought it could have used a tred mill or some exercise equipment in the pool area for those of us who come home early. No bugs and yes I checked everywhere. Bathrub was nice and clean. Yes I bring my own supplies.
I loved it and we will be back. Loved the morning breakfast - very fresh baked items. I somehow, missed the freshly baked bread pudding in the afternoon. Awesome it was like I walked into my house. Nicely kept up, See you next year and I am bringing my friends. Raffaella Z. February 2012

Room Tip: Too be honest even if you face the parking lot, it's very pretty.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Raffy Z
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We've been coming to Hotel Vienna since 1999. The end of February or the beginning of March has always been great sking. The rooms are clean, continental breakfast is consistently good and the common room is always fun for our group to play games after dinner. If you want a quiet, peaceful stay with your family Rick and Amy are the perfect hosts.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is our second time at Hotel Vienna and its still a great experience. If you're looking to relax and get acquainted with nature, this is the place for you. Hotel Vienna is in a great location, near to Windham mountain if you're into snow sports and is also within driving distance to great hiking trails. The innkeepers, Rick & Amy, are very welcoming and knowledgeable and the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies added to the feeling of home. The site is kept in good condition, always clean, which is a must for me. My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying here and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms/rooms with a mountain view have a more private balcony
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Albergo Allegria
7 mi away
Hunter Inn
Hunter Inn
#2 of 5 in Hunter

Been to Hotel Vienna? Share your experiences!