“Nice B&B In Wyndham”

Ranked #6 of 8 Windham B&B and Inns
New York, New York
“Nice B&B In Wyndham”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We decided to hit the Catskills for a last minute trip in early July, and wanted a B&B rather than a hotel or motel. ALL the B&B's in the Catskill area were booked, until I found this one in Wyndham. It is not a great jumping off point for Woodstock/Kingston type day trips, but it was close enough to make it a good place to end the evening.

The proprietor is very nice and friendly, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the breakfast was tasty. I recommend this place to anyone skiing in the Winter or who would like a remote B&B while hiking or doing other activities in the northern Catskills. Oh, and rates are VERY reasonable!

(One Con: we visited during a 90+ degree heatwave, and the room was very hot. She does have a window AC unit but it could not do much against the extreme heat.)

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms at this B&B, we stayed in the King-sized bed room, the others were nice but a bit s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Samuelmorris

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 December 2003

I would like to share a rare find with anyone wishing have a most pleasurable experience on their next vacation. I recently took a journey back to where I once called home up in the Catskill Mountains in Greene County NY. Unlike most of my trips where I find myself waking each day to the cold and unfriendly hotel room I thought was a bargain, this time I decided to try something different. I have always wondered what it was like to stay in a B&B and I must admit my curiosity got the best of me this trip. I must admit I was quite nervous at first not knowing what to expect, after all I was staying in someone s home after all. And what a beautiful place it was! It turned out to be an old Victorian house built in the late 1800's with a Stunning view of the mountains I once called home. The owner of the house greeted me at the door and gave me a tour of the house complete with a detailed history of this beautiful old house. I soon settled in and was treated like a member of the family. I still spend many of my business trips in those cold lonely hotels; I must admit many of them are nice and posh........... But when I go away for the pleasure of it, I will never again spend my nights anywhere else but within the warm cozy walls of a B&B. Thanks to the Antique Rose Inn in Windham NY.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Hotel Vienna
Mountain Treasure Bed and Breakfast
Fairlawn Inn
Fairlawn Inn
#1 of 3 in Hunter

Been to Antique Rose Inn? Share your experiences!