“Check your attitude and your bags. Chill, have a Beer.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jimmy O'Conners Windham Mountain Inn
cape may court house, n.j.
“Check your attitude and your bags. Chill, have a Beer.”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Jimmy O'Connors is a combination neighborhood bar, 8 motel units, and rooming house with 10 bedrooms. Each building is separated from each other by 300 feet. I stayed in the boarding house. As you entered the rooming house, there is a downstairs sitting area with T.V. and several couches, and if I recall, some board games and books for your enjoyment. In the back of the room is a small dorm refridgerator that I am told works fine, and a small turntable microwave, that if it stops rotating, needs a gentle slap on the right side to work again, according to my inside source.
Climbing the stairs, you turn left or right, according to your room number. Left was closed due to renovations. My room was well lit by windows, a overhead covered light, and two small lamps on the bed stands on either side of a full bed.
Bed comfort was a little too soft for me, but I have the same problem in " Name Brand " properties for a lot more money. Bed mattress and sheets were clean. Every thing in the room appeared clean and in working order. Television was the older cathrode ray tube, which I would expect in a property in this price range. Bathroom was clean, well kept and stocked with supplies. Maid service was daily with fresh supplies, clean linen and a freshly turned bed. If I recall the bathroom floor had a slight tilt to one side. Shower water was hot and plentiful, a delight after a day on the slopes or snowshoeing in the back country.
If your back acts up, as my quirky back did a day after arrival, be sure to schedule an appointment with Windham Chiropratic. Dr. Laura had me in fine shape in a day.
The room was quiet, but I was the only one staying here for seven days, and one other person I saw was there for a night or two. This may change due to circumstances.
I did not stay or see the motel units, so I cannot comment, but it may be worth checking into for your group or significant other.
The tavern is a few feet away with a few beers on tap and bottled beer. And, no, they don't offer single malt scotch. A patron did ask. Menu items were hamburger, cheeseburger, fried chicken, fried fish, with or without freedom fries ( George Bush's translation of the English Language ) . I believe steak may have been offered in the $20.00 dollar range. Other menu items ranged from $ 8:00 to 10:00 dollars.
I had a cheese Burger ( no fried onions, only raw, ) and fried chicken another night, and both were good. The tavern is more of a friendly local's meet skiers kind of place when the mountain closes.
Windham mountain is a half mile. Town center is a half mile. Cinema with pizza and popcorn and candy ! Library next door in the back of Church with computers with free internet ! Center of downtown starts here with a brewery, and restaurants in every price range. Take a stroll and find your spot.
Is this property for you ? It's not a budget chain, ( though it does have budget rates ), it's not a bed and breakfast, ( no pancakes with strawberries and whip cream here ). I think it would appeal to a solo traveler or group of friends with an adventurous spirit who are not freaked out by the little things, and maybe get a kick out of it. Think Hostels of our youth.
When you enter the Tavern and order a beer, ( and I know you will, I just know these things ) and maybe a shot of Old Grand Dad Bourbon, tell Jimmy you came recommended by me. Ask him to save my room for July.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo