The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are glad you found us on the web and would love for you to come visit us in The Great Northern Catskill Mountains! We opened The Catskill Mountain Country Store in 1994. We started in the town of Windham, NY with a small store where we sold local crafts, fresh produce, gourmet foods and baked goods made from Pop Pop Siegfried's recipes (Natasha's Great Grandpop). We purchased the Windham Garden Center in 1995 and added our own garden center, looking zoo and walking paths. Then in 2000 we built an addition for our restaurant. We have been serving the best breakfast and lunch in New York, maybe...The USA since then! But wait, there is more. IT IS OFFICIAL!!!! We are open in Tannersville, NY. Stop by at our second location for Breakfast or Lunch, or buy a great gift. Try our homemade, jams, jellies, breads, pies, sodas and the list goes on! Tannersville has a special secret...An old fashion ice cream counter. Both locations are similar, but have their own unique charm. Our entire family is excited to be in two amazing communities in the Catskills! We will be bringing to Tannersville what we have been doing successfully in Windham, for the last twenty years! This has been a wonderful journey shared by our three children, 16 year old Sydney, 15 year old Augustus and 11 year old Victoria. Come visit and share a piece of the country that we call home!
“Best brunch”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Love this place, go here everything I'm in Windham!The best brunch spot, and cool farm out back. My family loves this place. My sisters kids love it too.

• Visited June 2014

Hempstead, NY
“Charming place”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a charming place! The shop area has a fun selection of 'gotta haves' and the lunch was absolutely delicious. There's an area for the kids to play and a trail leading to an animal farm. Their hanging baskets are amazing. Everyone is friendly and extremely helpful. Don't pass it up!

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Great Dine-In and Food Shop items!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went for lunch the first day we arrived in Windham, and breakfast on the last day. Both meals were super fresh and tasty! Items like eggs, cheese, bread, and trout are all locally sourced (and delicious!). Bought a yummy pie and blackberry preserves and they were great! Warm and friendly service, definitely would return!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lauren G
NYC
“Very cute store and great breakfast!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I loved this place! Took my family and we all left with full bellies! I know a lot of people said they shared but I ate my whole dish! Ordered the banana pecan French toast and it was so delicious! Prices are good too! My husband ordered the big boy and that comes with eggs of your choice and an assortment of breakfast meats (sausage and bacon were not fatty and so tasty!) kids had chocolate chip pancakes and they were huge! The coffee was delicious - nice n strong. The kids loved the hot chocolate with whipped cream- cute cups available for purchase. (4 for $38 or one for $9.99) The Country Mountain store was great! We picked up a toy rubber band gun and a stuffed animal for our daughter; and the best pecan pie to bring back home! The pecan pie has chocolate in it. My husband says its the best he's ever had. (I think they have competition with the Amish in Lancaster, PA.) the store has an assortment of different and cute items for sale. Perfect to stop for unique souvenirs. We would definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
Middletown, New York
“Couple of "beef beefs"”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stopped in for lunch and the next day for breakfast. Both times the food was very good and so was the service. I only have a couple of beefs. The place is small; seating possibly no more than 25 and seating is tight. I wanted to have a nice relaxing breakfast with my daughter and granddaughter. They seated us right in between two large groups who were laughing loudly and having a great time. I could not carry on a conversation with my daughter they were so loud and the guy directly behind me was constantly coughing. Then there is the issue with the cats. Both times cats wandered by our table which totally distracted my 6 yr old granddaughter so she couldn't eat her meal. I'm not sure what the law is there regarding pets in places that serve food. I know it doesn't fly in NYC.

• Visited May 2014