All reviewscookiesthe kitchencarriage housebaked goodsmy husband and ispring waterfrittataprivate porchbed and breakfasttea and coffeebreakfast was amazingpancakesowners and staffdvd libraryfire piteach morningfresh fruit
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Our second stay at Albergo Allegria was just as wonderful as our first. My wife and I really like Windham because we feel like we're really getting away but still have access to wonderful food and excursions. As others have noted, Lenore is a very knowledgeable and helpful owner/innkeeper and she'll assist your day planning with very good ideas. Breakfasts are exceptional with assorted juices, teas, coffee, fruits, muffins, yogurt, cereals, jams and breads. But the best part is the extended menu of omlettes, fritatas, pancakes, waffles and assorted breakfast meats. We love their freshly prepared breakfasts and they're the main reason we'll return as often as we can.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2009

My husband Bob & I have stayed at the Albergo Allegria almost two dozen times in the past few years and are looking forward to many more visits! The Albergo is a Victorian Bed & Breakfast that is so beautifully decorated. On our first stay we were greated by the owner Lenore who promptly invited us to go into the living room where Saturday afternoon tea was set up - delicious home baked cakes and cookies accompanied by an assortment of teas and coffee. This was just what we needed after sitting in the car for a few hours and we took our food out to a very comfortable couch on a porch that looks out on the mountain. After we unwinded we went upstairs to our room - what a delight for the eyes and senses - the room had antique furniture, a very plush bed with beautiful linens and comfortable robes to lounge around in. We had been camping in Windham for over 25 years and we were hooked on staying at the Albergo. Bob says he spoiled me by taking me there because I don't want to go camping anymore!
Lenore and her husband Vito along with their daughter Marianna and son-in-law Leslie always are available to us and their guests. They are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and full of recomendations. And their staff is just as nice. We are always greeted warmly every morning in the dining room by the waitresses as they tell us the about the day's breakfasts - mmmm, we dream about how good the waffles, frittatas and omelets are when we are back home!
I guess I can say that we've tried out all the rooms and love them all. They are all very clean and well decorated. Once we stayed in their Honeymoon Room - that was an experience- huge bed and a giant jacuzzi and everthing was plush & comfortable! When we want to splurge we'll rent out one of the rooms they have in back separate from the Victorian building - these come with their own private porches, jacuzzis and fireplaces!
I highly recommend the Albergo Allegria to anyone who wants to get away from their fast paced life and relax in a beautiful, friendly home away from home. It's always hard to leave it, but we leave knowing that we'll come back soon.

1  Thank anneper
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We went to the Catskills to hike, and found the Albergo this past weekend. Everything was wonderful. The room was beautifully decorated and clean and we couldn't have been more comfortable. The two breakfasts we had in the dining room were delicious and the staff was great. Thanks for a great getaway weekend!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2009

My fiance and I stayed at this lovely B&B this Memorial Day weekend and were truly impressed. Lenore is a truly lovely and wonderful person! From the minute we set foot in the Inn she made sure we were taken care of and happy. We stayed 5 nights, longer than anyone else that weekend, and loved every minute of it. Breakfast was always such a joy to look forward to, every special was wonderful! As others have mentioned the water takes some getting used to....actually I don't think I ever did, I rushed in the shower when I returned to NYC. But it is also not the end of the world. I have fallen in love with this place and cannot wait to return!

Reviewed 30 May 2009

We had looked online for a place to stay in Windham just the week before arriving. We usually look around quite a bit before finding a place we really like the look of but in this case we could tell from our visit to the "Guest Rooms" page on their website that 1 of the Carriage House Suites had everything we were looking for -- tranquility -- an atmosphere supportive of relaxation.

Albergo Allegria exceeded our expectations! The owner met with us upon our arrival at 7 pm and walked us through the main Inn stopping off in the Kitchen to show us an assortment of goodies (cookies, cakes, coffees and teas) which she explained were here for us to stop in and have whenever we would like them. She then took us to our suite which was gorgeous and spotless!

There is wonderful attention to detail throughout the entire room -- whoever designed the room really had impeccable taste and sure had their eye on creating that relaxing atmosphere we wanted. The room featured a fireplace (shut off in the summer), a comfortable king size bed with high quality bedding, a TV, fridge, nice robes, shutters which open from the bedroom allowing view of the hot tub (which is within the bathroom), several sitting areas, 20' ceilings and two private entrances.

Breakfast was wonderful with fresh and high quality ingredients. We chose from three options. The servings are moderate in size and were enough for us but the waitress stated several times that the chef is happy to cook a second serving. In addition, there are breads, cereals, pastries, fresh fruit and juices available which are self serve. You are encouraged to have as much as you like.

There are movies available for rent although we ended up with a VHS tape and then later discovered our room only had a DVD player. I suggest you look at what you're room has before taking out a movie. Perhaps some titles are in VHS while others are DVD.

We will return to Albergo Allegria! The innkeepers are incredibly kind and make you feel right at home. I have already recommended it to several friends.

I was sad to see the last review - seems they began their stay the night after we left. The owner noted the sulphur in their water. We were not discouraged by this and the water did not smell bad. I once lived in upstate NY in Saratoga Springs and their water was not excellent for showering (it is hard from the mineral content).... I know this may seem surprising to some being that many speak highly of Saratoga water for drinking and bathing. Some believe that this water restores you -- a concept the Albergo Allegria Innkeeper mentioned regarding this type of water. Just note your hair just may not feel as soft as you'd like after you've showered in it but still the water is fine and certainly shouldn't deter you from staying here. The hot tub in our room was wonderful!