“Like a big hug!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Windham
Southbury, CT
“Like a big hug!”
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This B&B was pure pleasure all around. The staff, facilities and location were wonderful. My favorite part was stepping into the kitchen for a beverage and finding great conversations with the hosts or other guests. I can't image how many times they've shared some of their stories, but they don't seem to tire of it. I'll definitely plan a return visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathyr777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2009

What a find! Worth far more than what I paid and so very special! First, it is a real thrill to see it from the road and recognize it's the place you are looking for! From the time you walk in you're treated to a unique and special kind of warm hospitality. I am a really picky traveler and was not disappointed once during my three night stay. My bedroom, although the smallest, was so very charming! Not one detail is missed in the furnishings, from a genuine antique headboard and footboard to the down comforter. The bathrooms are new, lovely and perfectly clean. You will marvel over the beauty of this huge home and the history of it's rennovation. And how unusual to have a "truly memorable" breckfast! A cheese and zuchinni omellate with herbs that was out of this world! Even an edible flower on my plate! (See photo below) Realistically, breckfast alone is worth $20. then you get to go into the kitchen at night for cookies, a muffin, tea or hot chocolate. You can buy a bottle of wine there... find out what other guests have said about local restaurants... get online... enjoy a video in your room... or enjoy meeting other guests. If you are looking for a great escape, book at Albergo Allegria! I explored the countryside, hiked the waterfalls, trotted through the woods on horseback and enjoyed just sitting in the parlor working online. I'd love to be there when the fireplace was lit! Not touristy and very real! I will go back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
New York City
Reviewed 29 August 2009

When I arrived after a 4 hour trip in pouring rain, I was warmly greeted by Lenore, who immediately put me at ease and showed me to my room. The whole family and staff are friendly and attentive to your every need. The facilities are comfortable and relaxing. The gourmet breakfasts are served in a charming dining room or on lovely tables on the porch in the fresh morning air. You can help yourself to coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks in the kitchen 24 hours. It's pleasant to take a stroll around the grounds just to look at the flowers. I have already recommended this lucky find to everyone I've spoken to since my return home. I went on vacation for a relaxing get-away, and got more than I expected. I will most definitely stay at Albergo Allegria again. What a pleasure!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Dunmore, PA
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Everyting was neat and clean and the atmosphere was very comforting. The room we stayed in was spectacular - very romantic. The breakfast was delicious and the service was stellar! They even had cookies and a wide assortment of coffees and teas to choose from at any time. The mountain views were stunning too. We are definately going back the next chance we get!

wyckoffnew jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Just recently celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary........recalled the outstanding ambiance, excellent service, outstanding breakfasts, etc., ad infinitum, extended to both of our families for our wedding......(25 rooms).
Great for any occasion - quiet getaway with many very nice resraurants nearby......

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Orlando
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We found this B&B by chance after being disappointed at the hotel where we had reservations and what a happy accident! The room was immaculate and the bed was the best I've ever had in a B&B. But NOTHING (even the breathtaking views and setting) compared with the morning breakfasts. Would unquestionably stay there again and recommend it to al our friends and family. A real delight!

Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My husband and I and another couple spent 1 night (Aug. 20) at the lovely B&B. Our room was very large and immaculate. Bed linens were beautiful and the bed couldn't have been more comfortable. Everyone was pleasant and cordial. Service was excellent. The best part was the breakfast--so delicious. Everything we had was wonderful. Terrific B&B.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 9 in Windham
Winwood Inn & Condos
Winwood Inn & Condos
#6 of 7 in Windham

Been to Albergo Allegria? Share your experiences!