“Charmed Beyond Expectation!!”
Review of Albergo Allegria

Albergo Allegria
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Windham
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The inn is the perfect blend of antique charm and modern amenities. The staff and hosts' thoughtful attention to tasteful detail, from the interior of the room to the delicious and heartwarming breakfasts, were thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated. Pairing 2 nights with a massage table in the room, a quaint autumn town fair, and a wonderful dinner at Vesuvio's was a combination that made for a very nice romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spectraldec

Reviewed 21 September 2009

Staying at the Albergo Allegria was just delightful! The room was quaint and lovely, yet had every amenity we could hope for. The Innkeepers were extremely nice and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was much more than you would expect at a B&B and included all kinds of gourmet goodies! The smell of home made cookies baking in the oven made you forget about any plans you might have had for dieting!! The kitchen was even open at night in case we wanted a snack!! The only downside to this hotel was the sulfur water. It did have an odor and was hard to lather in the shower. However, it will definitely not prevent us from going back............and hopefully, soon!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My 2 Sisters and I went on our annual Sister's weekend to the Catskill area. We always stay at a B & B and this was our 10th year! The Albergo Allegria is a beautiful Inn. We arrived at the start of a terrific thunderstorm! We ventured inside (we were early - noon) and Lenore let us know that check in would be closer to 3:00 which was fine - that is the stated time. She then gave us a small map of Windham with suggestions for lunch and shopping. We had a great lunch at the diner in town - huge salads!!! enough for 2-3 people - great soup and sandwiches and did a little shopping. Very small town. We went back to the Inn at check in time and were taken care of promptly and taken on a quick tour of the Inn and then to our room.
We were in the Spring Room which has 1 Queen and a pullout couch. We checked the couch for sleeping and found that the springs had been replaced with a board that was very uneven. I went to the front desk to ask if someone could please fix that so it was sleepable and Lenore said her husband would check on it shortly. Within 15 minutes - there was a knock on the door and they expalined that they had planned to replace the couch with a trundle but had been unable to do that because of all the rain but if we did not mind they would do it right now!! What great service. They removed the couch, rearrangeed some furniture and brought in the day/trundle bed - took maybe 30 minutes! The room was really beautiful and the beds quite comfortable. We also had a private entrance and porch with adirondack chairs and table. Very nice. The Inn is has alot of extras - a large DVD and VCR selection, wine by the bottle, ice, cookies, soda, use of the refrigerator, afternoon tea, dinner menu's from nearby restaurants and great suggestions.
The breakfast was wonderful both days! Good coffee, homemade muffins and several great hot dish selections each morning. Everyone working there is very friendly. We would definitely stay there again if we go back to the catskill area and will highly recommend this Inn!

Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank janine826
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This B&B was pure pleasure all around. The staff, facilities and location were wonderful. My favorite part was stepping into the kitchen for a beverage and finding great conversations with the hosts or other guests. I can't image how many times they've shared some of their stories, but they don't seem to tire of it. I'll definitely plan a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathyr777
Reviewed 31 August 2009

What a find! Worth far more than what I paid and so very special! First, it is a real thrill to see it from the road and recognize it's the place you are looking for! From the time you walk in you're treated to a unique and special kind of warm hospitality. I am a really picky traveler and was not disappointed once during my three night stay. My bedroom, although the smallest, was so very charming! Not one detail is missed in the furnishings, from a genuine antique headboard and footboard to the down comforter. The bathrooms are new, lovely and perfectly clean. You will marvel over the beauty of this huge home and the history of it's rennovation. And how unusual to have a "truly memorable" breckfast! A cheese and zuchinni omellate with herbs that was out of this world! Even an edible flower on my plate! (See photo below) Realistically, breckfast alone is worth $20. then you get to go into the kitchen at night for cookies, a muffin, tea or hot chocolate. You can buy a bottle of wine there... find out what other guests have said about local restaurants... get online... enjoy a video in your room... or enjoy meeting other guests. If you are looking for a great escape, book at Albergo Allegria! I explored the countryside, hiked the waterfalls, trotted through the woods on horseback and enjoyed just sitting in the parlor working online. I'd love to be there when the fireplace was lit! Not touristy and very real! I will go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2009

When I arrived after a 4 hour trip in pouring rain, I was warmly greeted by Lenore, who immediately put me at ease and showed me to my room. The whole family and staff are friendly and attentive to your every need. The facilities are comfortable and relaxing. The gourmet breakfasts are served in a charming dining room or on lovely tables on the porch in the fresh morning air. You can help yourself to coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks in the kitchen 24 hours. It's pleasant to take a stroll around the grounds just to look at the flowers. I have already recommended this lucky find to everyone I've spoken to since my return home. I went on vacation for a relaxing get-away, and got more than I expected. I will most definitely stay at Albergo Allegria again. What a pleasure!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Everyting was neat and clean and the atmosphere was very comforting. The room we stayed in was spectacular - very romantic. The breakfast was delicious and the service was stellar! They even had cookies and a wide assortment of coffees and teas to choose from at any time. The mountain views were stunning too. We are definately going back the next chance we get!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Hotel Vienna
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 3 in Tannersville

Been to Albergo Allegria? Share your experiences!