“nice place, out of the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Skippers Landing

Skippers Landing
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Wolcott
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For more than 30 years we have been providing delicious food and pleasant service on the eastern shore of Great Sodus Bay. Enjoy dining with a view of the bay from our dining room or waterfront deck.
Rochester, New York
“nice place, out of the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

we went on our boat to the other side of the bay to find a nice, little bar/restaurant away from the "action" of Sodus Point. We docked in back, sat outside and had a very good lunch. Not a big crowd. Could have been because of chance of rain kept boaters away, who knows. Still, a nice place to hang out.

Visited July 2014

Holden, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I drove to Sodus Bay on a beautiful late spring day to have lunch near Lake Ontario. We were looking for a place with good food and a great view of the lake with outdoor seating. All criteria met here. The food was delicious. I recommend the fried perch and the shrimp scampi pizza. Service was friendly and prompt. Though the day was cool, the outdoor seating provided shelter from the wind without interfering with the view. There is also a very large dining room with good views. The prices for the food and drinks were more than reasonable. All the desserts on the tray looked great, but I would not recommend the red velvet cake. Very dense without flavor. When asked about it I told the truth, and they graciously removed it from the bill. We will return.

• Visited June 2014
Newark, New York
“Predictable menu. Varied opinions.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I dined here with another couple. I like the place because in general, I know the food will be good, if not great. I have had many things on the menu and have never been disappointed. Until tonight. While my dinner, the fried perch was light, crispy and yummy, my husband's special of scallops baked with cheddar in puff pastry was rich and tender, my friend ordered pasta primavera with chicken and it arrived dry, and tasted only of oregano. The white wine sauce which Ashe asked be added again was chicken broth, no salt, pepper, garlic,,, boring! I've had this dish before and it was good, but this was definitely missing a lot of something called taste. The waiter was great, he apologized and removed the dish from their bill, but in a word, she was disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank colemj
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious Easter Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was in the area on Easter Sunday and had a delicious dinner there. Their portions are ENORMOUS, so I hope that you bring your appetite. They seem to cater to the locals rather than the tourist in the area, so it's not too pretentious. I had the shrimp and scallop pasta which was to die for. I highly recommended among the other spots in the area.

Visited April 2014
Sodus Point, New York
“lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We frequent Skippers Landing, more so in the warmer months. As luck would have it, it's 10 minutes from us. Skippers is our"go to" restaurant, tho we have a choice of 3/4 more (tried). Service is NEVER slow and the waitress is always checking in on us. The deck outside is awesome which boasts a tiki bar and a beautiful view of the bay. Skippers is not a"rowdy" place if you will, not like the place down the street from it. I have tried several items from the menu but always go back to the shrimp scampi with fettuccine. So very good. Prices are with in range and there is a ton of ample parking. The building itself is small and looks slightly worn from the outside. The decor inside could use a little TLC. But it's clean, the staff is pleasant and the food is good and fresh. Oh, and try the perch, it's relish.

• Visited March 2014