“Beautiful!! Amazing !! Revitalizing!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodbourne
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Ranch
New York City, New York
“Beautiful!! Amazing !! Revitalizing!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Sivananda Ranch was an amazing experience!!

The food was amazing, made with love and care. It is mainly Vegan food and although I am not a vegan I never found myself hungry.

The people were welcoming, warm and accommodating.
An easy 2 hour bus or car ride outside of manhattan set in the mountain.

This was my first time to a meditation retreat. I had found a great offer on groupon and trusted my gut to go! Thank god I did-- What more does a person need? GO!!!

Thank you !!
Om Namah Sivayah

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Stephen D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brookfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I first went to the ranch in September 2013. Since then I have gone back several times, and have also stayed for one whole month. Each time my experience has been incredibly rewarding and I intend to go back again.

When you go there, you will notice several beautiful things like neat and clean comfortable rooms, very helpful staff, scenic view every morning and evening and actually through out the day, beautifully manicured garden, but what will catch your attention the most is the calmness that this place will offer you. The property is surrounded by woods, and the nature walks are just amazing, wrap it up with some sauna at the end and you are in heaven! If you like to read, there is a very nice collection of rare books on yoga and natural lifestyle in the library. The ranch is huge on sustainability, so the lifestyle is very close to nature and chemical free. But this is not a rural setup without internet.. Yes! they do have internet and I used to work from home at the ashram.

The ranch is blessed with the most supportive staff I've ever seen. The staff, most of whom are also teachers, selflessly serve the community and the guests, starting from cooking, cleaning, to gardening, house keeping and all that in between. They will make your stay truly blissful. I actually celebrated my big birthday at the ranch and a surprise cake was awaiting me after dinner! It felt very special!

The most attractive part of my stay was the food! Simple organic vegetarian wholesome meals perfectly complemented my yoga classes and helped me learn what kind of meals are best for not just my body but also my mind. The hath yoga classes which are taught twice a day for both beginners and intermediate level students consist of pranayama and 12 asana series (with variations where necessary) to work each part of the body and calm the mind. The meditation sessions certainly got me hooked and I continue to mediate everyday till date.

There is a small store where one could buy books on yoga asana, philosophy, ayurvedic food and home remedies, along with other yogi items. I've been following one of the books to plan my daily meals and very thankful for how healthy I feel due to the new diet.

The natural lifestyle, the practical philosophy of life, the art to stay healthy and happy through eating healthy and controlling the mind is an invaluable life lesson I have learnt at this ranch. It was truly a blissful experience. I have moved from constantly 'Doing' to just 'Being', and that is incredibly relaxing.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a friend or more, ask for the individual apartments.
5 Thank Dola D
East Wakefield, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I visited the Ashram and had a wonderful time. I had signed up for the Yoga Retreat for American Sign Language Interpreters. It was time and money well spent. The workshops were very informative and I left with knowledge and ideas that I hadn't arrived with. The instructors and other attendees were all very welcoming. I will definitely be going back next year and highly recommend it!

I bunked in a dorm style room with comfy beds and clean linens. The bathrooms were nice and big and cleaned daily. The showers lacked a little pressure but the water was nice and hot. For food, they prepare a vegetarian/vegan meals, I myself am neither, the food was good but just not was I am used to. They also only eat twice a day, so BRING SNACKS. I was grateful that I did. They have a really cute boutique with books, snacks, etc. The yoga classes are great! Two, two hours classes daily, just what the mind and body need. The satsangs are wonderful and a thrill to be a part of. The staff are all volunteers and you would never know it! They put their heart and soul in all that they do. You can really tell that they want to be there. They were all helpful and friendly.

I was so blessed to have had this experience. It was a great escape to rejuvenate the heart, mind and soul!! I will be visiting again!!

Om Shanti

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a great way to get away from the city and learn how to structure your day, eating, relaxing, and exercise. The daily schedule was perfect. The sauna overlooking the lake was really the best treat of the entire place. The staff was helpful and respectful. I would recommend a weekend trip for those who need to rest and recharge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tola O
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The perfect place to reconnect with your Blessed Self. Everyone is warm and welcoming; the food is spectacular; the rooms are simple and very clean; Satsang was great and the beginner asana class was challenging yet not too much for beginners.

I must visit for a simple, peaceful yoga and meditation retreat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
South Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Only two hour ride from NYC, located in beautiful Catskills. Beautiful, rich scenery, warm, kind, welcoming staff, amazing vegetarian food (organic vegetable garden on premises), clean, comfy rooms, fun walking trails, deep spiritual teachings, energizing and overall balancing yoga (asana) classes. It's a pleasure to visit it any time of the year; every season has its charm there. I've been going for about 5 years and can't wait to go again. A real gem!

2 Thank dushat
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Yoga Ranch is perched on high up on a mountain surrounded by beautiful and untouched nature. The entire Ranch has a wonderful energy that is quiet, contemplative and yet celebratory and vibrant. I experienced a real sense of inner peace while visiting the Ranch, my body, mind and spirit all felt accounted for. Everything from the food, to the yoga, to the rooms are simple yet intentional.

The warm and open staff at the Ranch seemed deeply committed to being hosts and welcoming all guests. I had never done Sivananda style Yoga and knew very little about Sivananda Yoga practice however not for one minute did I feel out of place or uncomfortable. The staff were generous with their time and knowledge. They offered me practical ways to maintain a spiritual practice in my life back home.

After spending only a couple days at the Ranch I felt very at home. I fell into the rhythms of the day- waking early for meditation, helping around the Ashram after a delicious brunch, relaxing into the afternoon yoga class etc.

I was looking for an experience that would offer me some time to pause, rest and be with myself. Going to the Ranch offered me this but so much more. I have been meditating daily since I returned and thinking much more about my spiritual health. I left the Ranch feeling calm and peaceful with a new sense of appreciation for nature, my body and life as well as those around me.

3 Thank Georgia W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbourne
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Best Western Monticello
Best Western Monticello
#1 of 3 in Monticello
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at B...
#1 of 2 in Greenfield Park
Inn at Lake Joseph
Inn at Lake Joseph
#1 of 2 in Forestburgh

Been to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Ranch? Share your experiences!