“very impressive”

The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Fox Hollow on a Travel Zoo voucher. First I will say the hotel is an all suites hotel and very lovely and very clean.Its just beautiful.
The beds are heavenly, very comfy and the down comforters and plentiful pillows terrific.
The meals were very good and certainly plentiful. The staff was generally friendly.
The one bedroom king suite we had was plenty roomy and the kitchen was well stocked. It was nice to have a small box of chocolates and a rose waiting in the room.
We had some confusion at first as we found we were first put into a King STUDIO Suite. When we noticed we were promptly given a new room which meant moving all our things to the new room, which was to be a one bedroom king bed suite. There was barely an apology or offer to help move but the room was great so we let it go
My only 2 small disappointments were.. I was looking forward to the SPA SHOWER that was mentioned in the room description. I was informed that was not part of our type suite but that was in a "spa Suite"! I saw no listing of spa suite on the website! I still don't understand that. Then I was disappointed to see that the spa slippers that were in the room would cost me $10 if I opened them. I understand they cant reuse them but then they should not make it sound like they are part of the room.
We found in the morning that there was no hair dryer in the room. One was promptly brought to us when I called.
On the whole it was a wonderful stay. I just wish they watched wording in the room descriptions . If there is a spa suite then it should be listed. We had a one bedroom king bed suite and there was only one description matching our room and it did say spa shower.

I

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,234)

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Needed a place to stay while I was in NY.., the room was nice the bed very comfortable.. Shower and bath very nice except for a bit of mold growing on the ceiling by the shower... Funny as I'm walking outside one day the manager is showing the hotel to potential guests. He sees me and my dog and states to the potential guests that the hotel is pet friendly.. The funny thing is there is no trash can for dog wastes anywhere outside the hotel... So I guess they're not so pet friendly

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I liked the place and it was my first experience at this hotel.The staff was friendly and very helpful in all aspects. Though not much options exists for veggie lover like me, chef use to accomodate something special on request. I would say overall experience was great.
One think, I do not like, traveller cheques are not accepted, I think this should be acceptable in this Global world wherein technology is expanding very fast.
Thanks !
Deepak

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I were so pleasantly surprised,with the size of the rooms We have paid more for a lot less,in some of what they call the better hotels around the country.This to me rates with the best.From service,cleanliness and the great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
innatfoxhollow, Manager at The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We are so happy that we could exceed your expectations and provide a great value. We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay and celebrate a wedding. The staff was friendly and very helpful . The food at the wedding reception was delicious and the complimentary breakfast
buffet had a huge selection. No one could leave here hungry

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing The Inn at Fox Hollow. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to take advantage of our delicious complimentary breakfast in the morning! We hope you can stay with us again!

Thank you!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The dinner and breakfast was done very well. I appreciated that when we couldn't eat the entree on the buffet, they prepared something special for us. Also the fresh fruit salad on the breakfast buffet was lovely. All in all, a great hotel on Long Island.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for a super review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that the Chef was able to accommodate your needs for dinner. Thank you again for your support and recommendation, we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I don't ever write reviews but decided to write one for this place. The Inn at Fox Hollow is an extremely enjoyable place to stay in. When I come to the area, which is 4 times a year, I always stay there.

It's extremely clean, quite, the staff is extremely kind and professional. I love the fireplace and the new bar they recently added. The rooms are large, well maintained, and furnished beautifully. The bed is comfortable as well. I highly recommend that you go there. I don't think I'll stay anywhere else.

You'd think I was getting paid for saying this but I couldn't be more honest.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Stan, what a lovely review! Thank you so much for your kind words, we all appreciate the feedback very much! Please feel free to contact me directly at 516-224-8185 or ginas@theinnatfoxhollow.com so I can help you plan your next visit. From all of us here at The Inn at Fox Hollow, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,

Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel? Share your experiences!