“Nice Retreat”

The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at the Fox Hollow Inn this past week. The staff is very polite and accomodating. The rooms are spacious with nice bathrooms and clean. The room we were in had a complete kitchen. Our package included breakfast and dinner. We had dinner on 2 nights which were excellent. Breakfast had many choices to choose from. The dining area was quite crowded and sometimes there was not a table available so we took the food back to our room. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not get room 108. Very close to the lobby and food area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Fox Hollow on Memorial Day weekend for a wedding we were attending. The rooms are very nice. Spacious suites are what almost all of them are and well appointed at that. Unfortunately, we did find some hairs on the wall in the bath tub and on the floor. This can happen from time to time, but it does get marked down in my book as an experienced traveler.

On the customer service front, we were told over the phone that if we wished to bring a dog, it was $100 deposit and $10/night. This seemed reasonable and so we brought the dog along with us as our dog sitter had cancelled on us. Upon arrival, the story changed to $100 FEE and $10/night. Needless to say we had to sneak the dog into the room to avoid the charges especially after having been misinformed.

At the actual wedding, we were looking for a place to put our gifts which happened to be large and bulky. After passing three staff members that said nothing, nor guided us to the right place, and asking a buffet attendant where to go (she did not know) we found a corner out of the way and placed them down. No sooner did we turn around than did we have the maître d'hôtel, Samir, yelling at us for not putting them in the correct place. He then proceeded to tell us we should have asked (which we had) where to place the gifts. We then got a short lecture about why we should not have just done what we did.

The rest of the wedding was really nice and well staffed. Amanda was a lovely hostess and the waiters, including the bus staff were quick and efficient. When we returned to the hotel to find that we had left tooth brushes at home, and contacted the front desk, they did not have any available and we were forced to drive to the local 7-11 to pick some up. I'm sorry, but for a high class resort like this, you should have basic amenities in stock for your guests, especially at the rates they charge. Even the Best Western had a tooth brush for me :-)

"Complimentary" Breakfast is very good with many selections available, both hot and cold. The Spa and Pool are also nice, but nothing special. Both are outdoor.

Overall, as i said, its just average. I would not stay there again unless there was an event taking place there.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms are Suite Style set up. They have disabled the card key access on the back doors pe...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NikB25
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall good experience. Came with family for a wedding. Rented 3rooms. 219 as well as my daughters room smelled smokey and musty. Could have been moldy. I tried to order anything to eat from bar at 10 minutes to ten for my family like cheese plate ,sliders or pretzels carry out for them due to a late plane because of bad weather. They refused saying too late. Wasn't ten yet. Made reservations in January and requested to be in somewhat close proximaty but placed on 3different floors at opposite ends. I did not feel it was a very friendly or gracious environment . The food was very good though and service in the eating area was good.

Room Tip: There isn't any choice. All pretty much fair and smelly. Staff aren'accomadating
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here in November 2010 and the place was an amazing retreat laden with comfort and good old down home American hospitality. I could not praise the place enough, and on my return to the USA this year I once again booked at "The Inn at Fox Hollow". Of course!

However, this time, May 2014, the experience is quite disappointing.

I was placed in a room facing the pool. The sounds of children playing all day did not bother me in itself, but as I had work to do I asked for a quieter room on the outer side of the building. Unfortunately, each of these rooms I was shown was enveloped in a "buzzing" noise coming from the walls and ceiling that sounded like some sort of generator or aircon. As I was assured that the pool is quiet at night, I agreed to stay in my poolside room on the second floor as opposed to one with the constant buzzing drone.

However, what I did not foresee was the communal "smoking area" right outside my window. It was either close the window and be in a stuffy room or open the window and have the room filled with cigarette and cigar smoke. Not wanting to vicariously smoke every cigarette or cigar in the place, but also wanting fresh air in my room through an open window (not an unreasonable expectation I would think) I relented and asked for another room.

The manager on duty was not polite. She kept talking over the top of me and telling me there was nothing she could do, she had no other rooms and that it would all be OK if I just kept my window closed. I told her that I would prefer a room where I could have some fresh air. After a circular conversation where she talked right over the top of me in a loud voice and repeated herself several times (did she think herself smart for doing this?) she eventually found me one of the other rooms she didn't have that I was able to move to . . . ??

The new room was great, no cigarette smoke at all, but it was also engulfed in that buzzing vibrating sound. It pervaded from everywhere, the walls, the ceilings, it really was quite off putting. However, I do not expect to get any understanding from the staff. When I insisted on changing from the room right above the smoking area, the duty manager sarcastically said "it was nice doing business with you". Sarcasm and a not-at-all subtle putdown is not what a guest wants when there are legitimate and reasonable issues with your room. No, not cool at all.

And, to top it off, the internet works sporadically in this room. I have to walk around the corner with my lap top to get a signal. I wonder what she will say when I give her this information as well? It will all be ok and I should enjoy the walk?

Repeat business and word-of-mouth is paramount in the accommodation game. Repeat business all the way from Australia is a pretty good rap on how this place USED to be. "The Inn at Fox Hollow" is an great example of the necessity for businesses to maintain their standards. I probably won't come back next time, and while I may be the "Random Aussie" frequenting this place occasionally, and my "word of mouth" may not cause too much collateral damage, hopefully my "word of internet" here on this website will be a wake-up call.

Sorry guys, repeat customer here and you dropped the ball . . . . . .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank EljayAdelaide
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Received a suite surrender certificate. Flowers and champagne were not in the room upon arrival. Had to call myself to find out when it was coming. The box of chocolate was small only 4 pieces in a tiny box. With how great the fox hollow explains they are I guess 4 small pieces of chocolate is enough for the customer. The couch in the room seemed gross and dirty. I did not enjoy sitting on it. The food at volpe was delicious although felt unimportant since we had the certificate. Had to wait over 5 mins for bread while my meal was sitting on my table getting cold. Waiter was nice. But it took very long for food to arrive maybe it was the fact that other tables were more important than us.

Also, was not asked if help was needed when I struggled walking in carrying 3 duffle bags neither was I asked for help when leaving walking out with 3 duffle bags and a vase of roses that I eventually received.

Overall we made the best of the situation but would not stay here ever again. I'm so glad I chose not to have my 250+ wedding here and will be telling others to look else where.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank catherine c
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was the perfect choice, the perfect place and the perfect setting for a great trip to Long Island. The Inn at Fox Hollow was beautiful and immaculate. The staff was amazing and exceeded our expectations. We want to especially thank the great team of Frank (GM), Gina, Eric and Jessica(front desk); Kristin, Matt, Christopher, Danny(Breakfast Room). The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfasts and dinners was delicious and provided a great variety of choices. The location was very accessible. We highly recommend this as a destination and we will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
innatfoxhollow, Manager at The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you, Nancy and Family for your outstanding review! All of us here at The Inn at Fox Hollow have a passion for delivering amazing service, so your comments really make our day! It sounds like you had a perfect hotel experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays in the future. Thanks again, and take care!

Gina Sabatini - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The staff at the Inn at Fox Hollow is wonderful. They do everything they can to make you feel at home. The front desk people are especially lovely, and the dining room staff goes out of their way to satisfy guests' needs.

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel? Share your experiences!