“Good job with tough large group”

Ben's Kosher Gourmet Dellcatessen
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore
“Good job with tough large group”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went to this restaurant with a large group following a funeral. It was a group with very old, hard of hearing members, and young screaming kids. The restaurant did a good job with the service (which was not an easy task with 20-30 different orders and general craziness). I didn't think the food was the best ever, but due to the large group, I had a good chance to try a lot of stuff and it all was above average.....matzah ball soup, pastrami on rye, liver app, knockwurst, and potato knish. I'd recommend this if you need something for a large group and/or are driving by on 495 and want a decent sandwich. Very convenient to the road and easy parking are also a plus.

• Visited November 2013

Jackson, Georgia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

OMG, it was a GREAT roast beef sandwich! Great pickles! Service was good. They have a HUGH variety of to-go food. I could have eaten there every day. Just exactly what you would expect from a NY deli. Don't delay -- go now!

• Visited September 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Traveling to New York last week, I wanted a pastrami sandwich from a deli. On a recommendation I went to Ben's which was a mistake. I asked for a hot sandwich and it was served at room temperature. I asked the waiter to make it hot (as ordered) and I think they microwaved it. The pastrami was hot but dry and not juicy. I think when you want real deli food you need to be in Manhattan at Katz's or Cargenie Deli. On my next New York trip it will not be at Ben's.

• Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were a large group and we were accommodated without any difficulty. A really nice place. No one complained about their food. It was all delicious with ample servings.

Visited October 2013
Melville, New York
“Food for the soul!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We accompany friends to Ben's every once in a while. Our friend loves traditional Jewish food and this is the place. He and his wife love the corned beef and the soups. It is a great restaurant if you don't care about the amount of meat or carbs or fat that you consume. I watch my carbs and eat vegetarian when I am out to eat but it was nice to see vegetarian burgers on the menu and they were delicious. I am always happy when restaurants are kind to us vegetarians. The cole slaw that they bring to the table is the best I have ever eaten and the pickles are amazing. My husband had a hamburger and he said it was good but the kasha was tasteless. Service is very good.

• Visited August 2013