“great service, delicious corned beef, cole slaw”

Ben's Kosher Gourmet Dellcatessen
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Day before thanksgiving is always an iffy day food wise...my family had a craving for some authentic deli fare. We had corn beef, pastrami, chicken wrap, mushroom/barley soup, Dr. Brown's sodas...the complementary cole slaw and pickles are delicious! Figure $11/ sandwich. $5 for soup...humongous! Our server was friendly and efficient.

There are newer reviews for Ben's Kosher Gourmet Dellcatessen

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went to this restaurant with a large group following a funeral. It was a group with very old, hard of hearing members, and young screaming kids. The restaurant did a good job with the service (which was not an easy task with 20-30 different orders and general craziness). I didn't think the food was the best ever, but due to the large group, I had a good chance to try a lot of stuff and it all was above average.....matzah ball soup, pastrami on rye, liver app, knockwurst, and potato knish. I'd recommend this if you need something for a large group and/or are driving by on 495 and want a decent sandwich. Very convenient to the road and easy parking are also a plus.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

OMG, it was a GREAT roast beef sandwich! Great pickles! Service was good. They have a HUGH variety of to-go food. I could have eaten there every day. Just exactly what you would expect from a NY deli. Don't delay -- go now!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Traveling to New York last week, I wanted a pastrami sandwich from a deli. On a recommendation I went to Ben's which was a mistake. I asked for a hot sandwich and it was served at room temperature. I asked the waiter to make it hot (as ordered) and I think they microwaved it. The pastrami was hot but dry and not juicy. I think when you want real deli food you need to be in Manhattan at Katz's or Cargenie Deli. On my next New York trip it will not be at Ben's.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were a large group and we were accommodated without any difficulty. A really nice place. No one complained about their food. It was all delicious with ample servings.