“New Asian Treats”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Woodbury Road
Description: At Asian Bistro Next Door, we believe that every meal should excite the senses and create a lasting memory for our guests. Our Chefs have combined their respect for the fundamental culinary details and techniques of traditional Asian cuisines with their obsession for creating new and exciting culinary delights in order to present a menu that promises to redefine the Asian dining experience. Our menu features many small plate dishes as well as traditional entrees. Our small plates are ideal for sharing and allow our guests to enjoy a number of dishes in order to enhance their culinary experience. For a well-rounded visit we recommend our signature infused cocktails and our indulgent desserts.
Reviewed 29 May 2011

after reading some not so great reviews about pricing i have to say it was worth it...my wife and i shared three small plates, braised pork belly that melted in your mouth, crabmeat purses that where addictive, and a salmon with a miso truffle scented sauce with wild mushrooms. As an entree we split the Chicken Kong Pow although a common dish this one was with cashews instead of peanuts and not over sauced or leaving you with the aMSG hangover I sometimes get from small storefront Chinese tak out joints. Even the whit rice was of notible quality. The service was perfect to me and I recieved a warm geeting and fairwell upon entering and leaving this establishment. the restaurant is brand new , it even has that new smell. I wish them well

Reviewed 22 May 2011

I was excited about going to this new restaurant. It fell short on all fronts. Yes, the food was small, but it was somehow different or above average, it might have worked. We tried two apps, the duck and the cod. Both were pretty good but very small, so when my wife and I share it, you barely remember what it tastes like. The cod was only pretty good for it reminds you of other fish you've had like cod at Nisen, just some doors down from ABND. The cod, a full plate of food is superior. I had the Kung Pao chicken which was more confusing than even adequate. Other than 2 peanuts on the plate, it was more like a lemongrass chicken that you eat at 1/4 the price in Thai restaurants. It was somewhat insulting that you order something like Kung Pao and management says "no, we'll give you something completely different...surprise." The worst thing of all was that the food was so small that every diner ended their meal in about an hour. We started eating before 9 and out of there with bill paid by 10. All we wanted was a night away from our two wonderful kids, drink some cocktails and have some good food like in similar type restaurants like Toku in Manhasset. Instead, we finished each course in 5-10 minutes and couldn't slow down the pace. Most of the tables were empty by 10 and we ended up going to another restaurant (somewhat hungry). I felt bad that when I left the restaurant, I said in the parking lot "I give this place 5 months" because I really wanted this place to succeed since I have been going to Graffiti next door since moving to LI from Manhattan. They need to completely retune this place as it may not survive 5 months. The waitresses were VERY nice though, so I hope to see them in whatever this space will be.

1  Thank Emmacarn
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The service was not very good, the menu was confusing, and the dishes were small. They own the restaurant next door called Grafitti which is very good American food. They should stick with what they know.