“Quick overnight - wish I had time for more!”

Best Western Woodbury Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I was visiting family way out east on the Island and decided to spring for a hotel rather than head back upstate. I wasn't expecting much out of my stay at the Best Western Woodbury Inn - just a bed and a shower - but I was completely blown away by this hotel! All of the staff were super accommodating and seemed genuinely excited to be there. My job has me in hotels pretty often so I've gotten pretty good at telling when people are faking and when they're sincere; the staff here were definitely the latter.

Anyway... I can't tell if they just did a renovation or if they take really excellent care of their facility. Either way, this place was absolutely spotless and in great condition. The flat-screen TV was a nice touch. I didn't have breakfast but the spread looked way decent. Maybe next time I'll skip the family visit altogether and just have a staycation here!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Ruuuhhy,

We greatly appreciate your review of the Best Western Woodbury Inn. Our goal is to provide a superior stay at an affordable price and I am happy to hear that we are consistently achieving this result. We offer our Deluxe Breakfast 7 days a week which includes eggs, waffles, NY Bagels, yogurt muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, oatmeal, danish, donuts, and other freshly baked items.

We hope we will see you again on your next trip to Long Island.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western in Woodbury for 2 nights in July. We were extremely happy with the friendly staff, amenities, and responsible service provided for us during the weekend. The rooms were perfect - already extra pillows and extra towels - (huge with me), solid tv... soaps and shampoos, etc. At one point, my stomach issues created a sticky situation with our toilet, so we called the front desk. After heading out for a couple of hours, upon returning, we found a nice little card left for us, explaining that everything had been taken care of while we were away, and they even left these little chocolate pieces in the shape of hammers.... very cute.... the wifey loved that. Overall - excellent experience!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Vanillaschwartz,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Woodbury Inn. It is our goal to provide a comfortable stay, an "ultra clean" guestroom, and caring and compassionate service to exceed all of your needs. We hope you will be back again soon! Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

The Best Western at Woodbury was a great hotel! I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was very kind and caring. They were very helpful during my stay. The room was extremely clean, with a flat screen television and brand new carpet. I felt like I was at home. I would recommend the Best Western Woodbury Inn to everyone. This hotel is great and I was very comfortable! Thanks Best Western,Ill be back very soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Dear ALatif556,

We wanted to take a moment and thank you for the great review. We always welcome feedback whether complimentary or constructive, but it is always nice to hear when a guest left with a memorable and lasting impression of the Best Western Woodbury Inn. We pride ourselves in our "Ultra Clean" guestrooms, award-winning service, and our secluded lodge atmosphere. We work hard to make our guests feel at home and we are happy to hear that we achieved that result. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We had a confirmed reservation that I had made weeks in advance. Upon arriving to check in, we were told that due to an electrical outage, our room was not available, but that a room had been secured in the nearby sister hotel, the Executive Hotel (which I had already decided to avoid due to negative comments here). We were headed to a wedding and didn't have time to look elsewhere. The room stank of something dead or rotting. At breakfast, the circuit breakers kept blowing so no one could make waffles or toast. They knocked a bit off my bill after I complained, but it did put damper on our weekend. Don't know how the rooms are at the Best Western, but if you book one, you may end up at the Executive!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Smellin
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 2 weekends ago. We arrived at night and the hotel was dark and hard to locate. Once we checked in the people at the desk seemed pleasent. We went to our room and found the following:
Carpet stains on the floor, there was a LARGE Hole behind the lounge chair (it looked like the staff knew it was there due to the white tape that tried to cover the hole), there was an electrical cover that was not screwed in thus showing the exposed wiring, wallpaper peeling off the wall near the door and the ceiling and metal molding coming off the ceiling.

Also there was a 4" drop from the second floor room to the outside walkway. I was not aware of this drop the first time and fell. What I thought was funny was that there was a "Watch Your Step" sign exiting out of the lobby to the outside. That drop was less that the drop coming out of the 2nd floor room.

We tried to look at other places to stay but "The Inn at Fox Hollow" was sold out and we was told that the "Executive Inn" was owned by the same people that owned the Best Western at Woodbury.

The Breakfast was "OK" at best. There was a waffle maker for you to use and other "continental breakfast items". There were eggs that were made by the people at the front desk by placing a bag in the microwave for 20 minutes (the only microwave there). The breakfast area was small some people were seen eating in their cars. There was noone cleaing off the tables, when people left so bring extra napkins.

My wife and I made a little joke about a water bottle that was sitting on the second floor railing for 3 days. We saw the maintenance people and the housekeeping people walk by numerous times without throwing it away.

The workout area was not well marked inside. we found out that the workout area was in the basement. There are no laundry facilities and was directed to the hotel down the street.

When we checked out we mentioned about the above issues, with the front desk people. I had pictures showing the issues but they seemed less interested.

All I can say is that customer service here is low at best. Don't ask for directions from the front desk people. They gave us directions via street names. You cannot see unlit street names at night (common sense missing).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank BFLA

Dear BFLA,

I would like to thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is important to know when we did not succeed in creating a positive and memorable experience for our guest. Please accept my apologies regarding the issues in your guestroom. Please know that these are in no way typical of the guestrooms in our hotel and I can assure you we immediately addressed the wallpaper, outlet, and carpet upon receiving your letter.

I have met with the team and discussed the various issues you had encountered and the staff was also very disappointed to hear that your stay missed the mark. Everyone from housekeeping to maintenance to the front desk took your feedback to heart and is using it to improve for future guests. We are continually upgrading our rooms and the level of customer service we provide.

We have since changed the egg product at breakfast and added some additional offerings. We have added flat screen TV's to the majority of our guestrooms. The housekeeping team is adding additional rounds of inspections to the interior and exterior of the hotel.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to WOW you as we have with so many other guests. Please accept my sincerest apologies and if you should decide to give us another chance, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

if you go just for the waffles fine.(LOL)..this is a great hotel,After a long day of work i looked foward to the fresh aroma in the room.The ladies @ desk couldnt be more helpful or kind! The service staff are always doing something to keep the place sparkling clean.There is a woman who is so cute in the am breakfast area who would get frustrated @ me because i didnt let my waffle cook enough so it was "MORE CRISPY" so she made me sit while she did it for me.she said you get juice ,and i bring it to you mister...OK i sat!!.alll in all great place for the money!If you go tell them the concrete guy says HELLO...

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank concreteguy3030

Dear Concreteguy3030,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear that you are a fan of our waffles! We also wanted to thank you for the excellent feedback of our "Ultra Clean" guestrooms. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Many reviews out there about this hotel, but take it from one that did his research (besides lived on Long Island for over 15 years) & found the only hotel w/great staff, room package rates, pool, rooms, free breakfast, easy access to major roadways, centrally located, & while staying here you would think you'll in a secluded wooded forest. What else would anyone want --easy access to all beaches-ocean & sound, NYC, airports, shopping, resturants, & all entertainment, for ex. Splish Splash!!!!

Room Tip: look at packages avaliable on hotel website
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank masonjardrinkin
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear Masonjardrinkin,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Your review will definitely give some insight into some of what the Best Western Woodbury Inn has to offer. We are happy to know you were satisfied with your experience. We hope to see you again when you return to Long Island.

Marc Soblick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to Best Western Woodbury Inn? Share your experiences!