“Wonderful food and atmosphere!”
Review of Donovan's Pub

Donovan's Pub
Ranked #6 of 180 Restaurants in Woodside
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Guinness on draft and Irish tenors to serenade you for dinner! What else could you want, right? Well, the food was great too! We started with calamari and zuchini sticks - yummy. My husband had the fish and chips and he said they were the best he's ever had. I had the chicken parm and it was delicious! Very reasonable too!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been going to Donovan,s Pub for many decades. Recently I went after a long break. I think it had been 10 years since I was there last. It is exactly the same. Fireplaces were aglow and people were laughing. The White Rrussians and Fried Shrimp are still really good !!!!!!!! I will go again very soon. Worth the drive from Long Island!

1  Thank LongIsland_nySchatzi
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This cozy pub makes, by far, the best burgers in the New York. They are so delicious, I bet you can't just have one!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I saw this place featured on a show about great hamburger places, either on the Travel Channel or the Food Channel -- not sure which. Well, I came to NY to visit a best friend with terminal cancer and stayed with another good buddy who lives in Woodside. He lives within a block or two of Donovan's and knows the owners well. He introduced me to them, as well as some of the staff he knows and everyone was very friendly.This was the perfect opportunity for me to try this place -- and we went there for dinner.

Well, the atmosphere was that of a busy thriving little pub. There were a few small inter connected dining rooms throughout the place, along with a decent size meeting room where my good buddy's Kiwanis Club meets. So, the place is really bigger than it looks from the street and main entrance.

We were there around 830 PM and the place was busy. Our servers couldn't have been nicer and we had a fabulous meal. I had "The Woodsider" burger with sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato, and it truly was one of the best burgers I've had anywhere. I had the French Onion soup to start and it was excellent, too. They had a nice variety of beers on tap and I had a "Blue Moon." Their menu had a nice variety of other things for those who don't want a burger, however, this place is known for it's burgers and if you go there, that's what you should get. I will be back in NY next year and will likely stay with my friend again in Woodside. If that happens, I will be returning to Donovan's to try one of their other burgers.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

While visiting NYC at Canadian Thanksgiving I took our tribe to Donovan's Pub for dinner. All five of us enjoyed out meal. The service was great. The two new owners came over and introduced themselves. Good family dining in a pub atmosphere.

1  Thank Edward J