Quality Inn Woodside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Woodside Motel(Woodside)
View Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Restaurant
Metro Motel(Woodside)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Days Inn Long Island City(Long Island City)
View Hotel
City View Inn(Long Island City)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I spent eleven days in this hotel just after Christmas 2013.
I decided to go for the "Quality Inn Woodside" because of the proximity to the metro and the convenient prices (when compared to Manhattan).
Ideally located just few meters from the metro, line number 7 (operating 24/7) in just twenty minutes you can get to Times Square and Grand Central.
The room that was given to us was a standard double room. It was large, clean and the furniture was new. All comforts were included (air conditioning for summer, LCD TV and safe deposit box, Wi-Fi, refrigerator). The bathroom is very large and clean. Toiletries are included.
Breakfast (included in the room rate) is very good, but unfortunately sometimes we had to wait for a table as the room is very small. You will be offered bagels, brioches, bread with marmalade, yogurt, bananas, fruit juice and hot beverages.
The area around the hotel is very nice and safe. Few restaurants and convenience stores (open 24/7) are nearby.
Unfortunately the Wi-Fi was not working all the time, I was assured by the management that everything was under control but for several days there was no internet access at all. In winter the restaurant temperature is awfully hot, it makes you sick. The personnel had to turn on the air conditioning in the restaurant because it was too hot inside. The same on the elevator. I kept on sweating all the time and we were forced to keep the windows open in the room at night just to cool down (and there were -10°C outside!)!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silverino
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Based on what you pay for, this hotel will meet all your needs; It's an adequate hotel, at best.

The breakfast is mediocre, the front desk staff always seem to be on a personal phone call, the parking is confusing (there's no dedicated parking lot. Some people just park right in front of the hotel doors) and there is nothing great about the room.

The biggest negatives are the internet and the elevator: The internet is so slow you can barely use it. There's only one elevator and we got stuck in it. Twice. When we told the woman at the front desk, she kind of shrugged it off.

But, for the price, you kind of expect these types of things. The room seemed pretty clean and the beds were comfortable. Basically, if you're not picky and you just need a place to crash for the night, this would be your best bet. Just remember to take the stairs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The room was clean and had adequate amenities, although a little on the small side. The hotel is not located near any of the major tourist areas, but it is just a short walk from a subway station, so not too hard to get to. Breakfast was included and was of a reasonably good standard. My only complaint is that the reception staff were not very friendly, but overall I would consider this good value accomodation - budget but not too budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Matt G
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. My first one wasn't the best it was July 2012 and it was roasting outside room was a little smelly from aircon. People on receptionist aren't the friendliest or that helpfull. So if your looking to find out stuff to do or where to go have that all sorted before hand. I had said I probably wouldn't stay again but fast forward a year which was a week around New Years where it costs€2500 to stay in Times Square. An queens is so much cheaper to stay.
Our second trip was much better rooms very clean and warm probably because it was snowing outside. And I was really happy with our stay. We don't spend much time in the hotel so it's basically somewhere to lay our heads. As I said u get what u pay for and if ur looking for a hotel in queens which is a block away from subway and then a 15 minute ride into Times Square this is a good base. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel and I do get what the other people are saying about the breakfast area been small, and no room or food left, But your in New York go out and have breakfast enjoy the city. It's definitely a cheap hotel to base yourself.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elaineirl52
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Lets start with the positive, the room was clean and neat. Unfortunately that is where it stops. I expect to get what is advertised when booking a hotel. The internet service is extremely slow and sometimes not working at all. Getting a message stating there is to may subscribers or simply have no access at all. The warm water pressure is terrible and it is impossible to take a proper shower.

There is only 10 seats for the complete hotel to have breakfast - that is absurd, if you arrive during the last hour or so of breakfast time you will NOT get any yoghurt since they will simply not refill the ice container.

I really believe this is bad management and a simple don't care attitude. On the second day I complained at reception regarding the internet issue and I was simply dismissed with sorry we can not do anything about it.

As mentioned I simply expect to receive what is advertised and paid for when booking a hotel. Unfortunately this is NOT the case with this hotel. The staff is unwilling or unable to resolve the problems and will NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple