“Cheap, convenient place to sleep”

Quality Inn Woodside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Cheap, convenient place to sleep”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay at Holiday Inn Woodside for two reasons: price and location. I booked our 4-night stay through Quality Inn's websites and used their price match guarantee to get a lower rate and one night free (matching Priceline).

The hotel is an easy walk to the 7 train—less than five minutes. We felt safe in the area, and this was our first trip to NYC. Unfortunately for us, the 7 train was undergoing maintenance for the first two days we were there, so instead of being able to ride it to Manhattan, we had to switch trains at the last stop in Queens. It didn't slow us down too much, but it was inconvenient.

We arrived late and we're given the last available room, which was in the cellar (basement), near the laundry room. Since we didn't spend much time at the hotel except to sleep, it wasn't a big issue.

If you plan on eating breakfast there, expect to have to take it back to your room. The breakfast nook is akin to a subway train—forcing you to push your way through groups of people standing around waiting for their toast.

All in all, I recommend Quality Inn Woodside if you plan to spend as much of your time as possible in Manhattan.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scottzee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg
Reviewed 16 May 2014

From a transport point of view it offers the best of both worlds - free and safe parking and a five minute walk to the subway system of New York - which is a combination that I spent days looking for on the internet before my trip.
It may not be a 5-star hotel but it was clean and friendly and half the price of an equivalent Manhattan hotel.
Only one problem - no safe in the room and no safety deposit facilty at the front desk. Breakfast OK, but limited choice.
Terence Meyer

Room Tip: I was in Room 103 which looked onto Queens Boulevard and you could hear traffic but nothing too bad.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Central City, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 May 2014

From a recent trip to NYC we choose this hotel based on price.

Good things - very nice neighborhood if you enjoy the melting pot of real New York; close to many good restaurants, both inexpensively and moderately priced; very close to the Seven train into NYC; some of the staff were very helpful (an older gentleman went and made my husband two cups of coffee one evening when he wanted some but the local stores were closed), others were not unhelpful but not particularly helpful either; room was clean

Not so good things - room was small (but not as small as some rooms I've seen in NYC); breakfast room was so crowded that it was hard to even get a cup of coffee in the morning and when I could finally get to the carafe, it was empty two separate mornings; there were stains on the bed sheets one morning, but you could tell by the small that they were fresh-laundered with bleach; there is a one dollar charge per page for printing services and we did early check-in for our flight so if you are doing this and have a lot of boarding passes to print please be aware; double beds seemed very small to me...it's too bad they couldn't put queen beds in.

To me this was typical of the type of room that I would expect from a Quality Inn. If I needed to save a lot of money while visiting NYC, I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 28 April 2014

About what I expected. To their credit, room was very clean. Very limited parking though we got lucky after returning from dinner. Not the prettiest neighborhood, but seemed safe. Comparative bargain. Worst part was being unable to close curtains to block morning light because they weren't wide enough.

Room Tip: room 108 is across from the elevator and close to breakfast area
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had made a reservation for a 6 night stay. It was in a good location and close to the number 7 train. I arrived to a very unpleasent hotel. When I checked in and went to my room the room had a foul oder and was missing things. (like smoke detector, remote control). When I went down to get help I felt like I was bothering the girl at the front desk. Then as the night went on we starting noticing a lot of thing beside the foul oder. The towels were all stained. The sheets were stained and the comforter looked like it hasn't been washed in months. The carpets were stained and smelly. (even throught out the hallways) So when we got up first thing in the morning we informed the manager that we need to check out because this was not like the other Quality Inns we stay at. They seemed to not even care and when I checked out they told me that I was being charged for another night. I have been getting the run around from this hotel and this place is not being run right. Well below Quality Inns standards. There is nothing here that is Quality Inn it should be the Dump Inn.

Room Tip: The only good rooms are NO rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B

Travellers are raving about these Woodside hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel was very good in a good location close to the 7 train. Despite located on a main road our sleep was undisturbed by the triple glazing, which is rare in budget hotels.The food was good but the buffet was rather small. The wifi was OK but I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Curitiba
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is an afordable option to NYC. Its located in Queens (Woodside) and has an excelent access to the subway (7) - aprox. 50 mt. to the 52th station.
The staff is ok, but the breakfast place is too small.
It offers parking at no extra charge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#30 of 33 in Long Island City
Hotel Vetiver
Hotel Vetiver
#12 of 33 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 33 in Long Island City
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#9 of 33 in Long Island City

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!