“Decently Flavored Filipino Food”

Tito Rad's Grill and Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Woodside
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2016

My old high school buddies and I converged in NYC and visited Tito Rads for dinner. As a group we can be difficult to please and generally have high gastronomic expectations, so we went in here cautiously. Interior wise, this is a nice Filipino restaurant. It will not be mistaken for the Four Seasons, still this is on the upscale side: cheery, spacious, clean.

We ordered relatively tame and standard meals. The ukoy, for which we placed a double order, were huge and nicely done: not too greasy, lotsa vegetables, sprinkled with shrimp. It had a lot less dough than what is normally seen in the old country. We really enjoyed their take on ukoy. Highly recommended. We did have to ask for more sauce which is mostly vinegar with garlic, and that was promptly delivered.

The crispy pata was also a winner in our books. Did not smack as too greasy, terrific taste, nicely presented. Not a dish we would eat regularly due to calorie concerns, thus this was a treat!

We also especially enjoyed both the BBQ chicken and pork skewers. Savory, soft, smoky. At least as good as what you’d get in a good restaurant in the old country. I’d love to buy some Tito Rad’s special BBQ mix and make this @ Home.

The sisig was the only dish that did not impress. Not hot enough, not pretty enough, and not tasty enough. Dishes came out in what seemed a slightly disorganized manner. Ukoy arrived way ahead relative to the others. We did not really know if we had enough rice relative to the viands, so had to ask different waitresses for more rice, which they cheerfully obliged. Service was excellent. Heck, we arrived well past 9 pm on a Sunday night, and stayed past 10 p.m., and the waitstaff did not rush us out at all! Seemed the waitresses, or at least those that served us, were part timers and had normal day jobs. They were able to converse cogently on current events about the old country. This restaurant allows BYOB with no corkage. We pleasantly enjoyed the meal with our own Prosecco.

We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

We had food delivered. It was still nice and hot when we got it! I got the fried Filipino chicken. Some of it was dry but a few greasy bites were amazing! It could have used some kind of soy sauce or bbq type sauce on the side. My friend had the pork sinagong. It was really good! I prefer my eggplant cooked more but that's just me. They hooked it up with the rice!

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Tito Rad's Grill is one of two restaurants in Woodside conveniently located on Queens Boulevard just beyond the shadow of the elevated 7 train as it turns from Queens Blvd to Roosevelt Avenue. Family-owned and operated, the restaurant features authentic Filipino dishes, desserts and beverages in a setting that is best described as contemporary and stylish. Perfect for couples or large extended family groups celebrating a special occasion, the service is fast and friendly. We dine there regularly.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Good food, reasonable price. I have been here 3x already. Very authentic filipino food. friendly staff. I really felt filipino vibe when i ate here. I will definitely come back

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Whenever I'm in New York, I make sure to visit Tito Rad's. Serving authentic Filipino food, it will satisfy the most critical of palates. I would recommend their fall off the bone Crispy Pata! Any food ordered from this place is a taste of Filipino Heaven.