Morning Glory B&B Woodstock NY
Hotel Dylan(Woodstock)
Rodeway Inn(Kingston)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscrepesdove housethe blue roomthe ownerprivate bathroomin townnice conversationbed breakfasteasy walkwalking distancewonderful staydelicious breakfastperfect locationglass of wineother guestsweekendbrook
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our family of four stayed at this beautiful home in Woodstock! We loved it. We were made to feel very comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the food very good. Panxi is such a lovely and accommodating hostess. We stayed in the Blue Room in the middle of January, which was perfect for us and our two little boys. We were warm and cozy and felt very welcomed. If you want five-star luxury, this is not the place you want to stay. If you want a genuine and friendly hostess in a very cute little home, and a good value for your dollar, this is your B&B! And if you like to walk in the woods, it's close to a nice hiking trail.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 26 October 2013

First of all, the outside was messy and shabby. Okay, I'll give it a chance and see inside. The bedroom was dirty with cobwebs hanging in the corners. The futon had a beach towel spread on the back of it. Why? The bath towels looked like she picked them up at a garage sale. This was October and there was no heat in the room. There was a small heater in the bathroom that did not heat the bedroom sufficiently. For $139 a night, this place was a DUMP. We left.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our stay at this inn lacked the wholeness that someone might expect from a b&b. The inn was dirty, inside and outside, with dirty walls, and cobwebs throughout the house. We shared the blue room with 2 spiders, and the noise from the traffic made it less comfortable to relax in that room. The soap provided looked used, and there was a minimal amount of shampoo available with which to bathe. During our 2 night stay the garbage was never emptied, the towels were never replaced, and the windowsills were dirty. The breakfast was very light, consisting of fruit and very small rolls, and we went away feeling hungry. The innkeeper, while friendly, did not serve any breakfast meat because she did not eat it herself. I would recommend this place only as a last resort, if there is nothing else available.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank munequa718
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to have a weekend away from NYC. We were looking for a modest and simple place, and when I started to research b&b's in the area, I was really surprised by the prices and types of places--even in the "low" season, a bunch of places were really pricey. All we wanted was a place within walking distance from town and simple without a lot of frills, without breaking the bank. Morning Glory B & B was exactly what we needed. The room was very simple--the bed was very comfortable and the room didn't have a TV which was really nice for a change not to be so "plugged in." The breakfast both mornings was very healthy and filling--Pansy, the owner, made homemade crepes and the other morning she made healthy sesame rolls. Both times there was plenty of fruit and eggs if you wanted them. The house was quiet and about 5-10 minutes walking from town which was great. Pansy was so welcoming and genuine and we really enjoyed our time. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Woodstock on a budget, doesn't want a "spa" or "luxury" experience, but just wants some a quiet & simple b&b experience.

Room Tip: we stayed in the south room--away from the road. very quiet. we had a "shared bathroom" but there weren't any other guests using it so it was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rachel8781
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I immensely enjoyed my two-night stay the weekend before Christmas 2012.

The hostess, as many have said, was simply a delight: warm, friendly, and extremely helpful. Since it was my first visit to the area and I intended to do some hiking and skiing, her extensive knowledge of what the Catskills have to offer was very useful.

The house was comfortable, pleasant to hang out in, and conveniently located -- I was able to walk into downtown Woodstock with ease. Breakfast was very good.

I highly recommend staying here, especially if you a hiker looking to tromp around the Catskills.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo