“Private, Peaceful, Perfect”
Review of Retreat at TreeGap

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Retreat at TreeGap
Ranked #6 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Retreat at TreeGap is gem! My husband, 11-year-old son and I stayed in the Carriage House 8/15-8/16 and could not have asked for a more peaceful respite. Megan is a gracious hostess and a skilled cook who easily accommodated my husband's gluten and dairy free diet. Moreover, we'd had some concerns about my husband's allergy to cats, but there were absolutely no signs that Felix had ever set paws in our accommodations. Finally, my son fell in love with Bess, one of the sweetest dogs we've ever met. Near town and hiking trails, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone looking to stay overnight in Woodstock!

Room Tip: Carriage House is separate from the main house and plenty large enough to accommodate me, my husband...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My Husband and I stopped over in Woodstock on our way to Maine for our honeymoon and this place could not be more perfect to kick off our trip! To start with Megan was incredibly accommodating about our arrival time which was great since we weren't sure what time we would get in. We were able to let ourselves in to our room which was the Carriage House. While we never got a chance to meet with Megan she was very helpful and even gave us restaurant recommendations and made sure we had everything we needed. The room as beautiful and HUGE, there was a great breeze so we didn't need the AC but I think it was there if we needed it. I think our favorite part though had to be the breakfast. We woke up expecting to grab a muffin and hit the road but when we came out to our little deck we found probably one of the best breakfast spreads we've ever seen, including salmon, cream cheese, blueberry and pear muffins and eggs. The location of Treegap is absolutely breathtaking tucked away in a little clearing around woods. The whole experience was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the TreeGap. The grounds are beautiful and you are surrounded by nature. It's feels as if you are living in Woodstock vs. staying at an Inn. We stayed in the Carriage House which is a great room and very well equipped with natural bath products, tea, coffee and some other snacks in the fridge. There's a small patio to enjoy a glass of wine and watch the chickens. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela P
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our stay TreeGap was absolutely perfect down to every last detail. Megan was so sweet and helpful -- she called me before our visit to check if we have any food allergies and was always available if we had questions. Her house is in the woods, about a 5 minute drive from the restaurants/shops on Tinker St. and close to the trailheads/ Tibetan Monestary. We stayed in the White Pines Suite and were shocked at how spacious the room was. It has a window seating area, private porch, and large bathroom. The bed is also the most comfortable I've ever slept in. At night Megan slipped a menu under our door for us to pick our homemade breakfast items, which she brought over in the morning at a time we selected. Breakfast was delicious with homemade butter, waffles, apricot juice and eggs any style that we got to eat at a table in the room. A lot of reviewers emphasized that in comparison to other B&Bs they felt they had a lot privacy, which I agree with. We were able to come and go as we please and didn't have to worry about other guests. This is a perfect spot for couples looking to spend time together away from the city. I couldn't recommend this place more!

Also a big, big thank you to Megan for being the only one to let my boyfriend and me stay for one night on the holiday weekend! Every other B&B and rental wouldn't break their two night minimum, but Saturday was our only night we could get away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HallieJ6
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband took me to TreeGap as a surprise weekend, and in so many ways Meghan was more than gracious and accomodating. I like that there are only two rooms she needs to care for at one time, so you feel you have very personalized service. I also like the privacy. One room is in a separate building, while the larger room is in the main house, but you really feel that you have a great deal of privacy in that very large room. It has an outdoor shower, and a fantastic private porch overlooking what looks to be an old orchard. All the food was organic and home made, from the breads to the yogurts, etc. Excellent breakfasts. She keeps chickens on site so you know your eggs are fresh. Meghan is very sweet and attentive, but also gives you your privacy. Breakfast is private as well. I'm not a fan of the communal B&B breakfast, so this place worked very well for us. We LOVED the Red Onion, but make a reservation. Everything was really excellent and I hope to come back again to this wonderful establishment.

Room Tip: We liked the large room in the main house.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank litetravellerNYC
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have stayed a few times at the Retreat at TreeGap and enjoyed it very much. Your host Megan, has a wonderful home located in the hills of Woodstock steps away from the Byrdcliffe Art Colony.

Each time we have stayed we have been in the White Pines Suite, a huge room impeccably decorated in Adirondack style furniture and art. The room is truly magnificent. With sweeping views from every window (and there are many of them, including a very large window seat) of the mountains you sometimes forget you are inside.

The room has a large King size bed, huge bathroom and all the amenities a guest needs to enjoy their stay including fridge, iron and board, etc.

Megan prepares a fantastic breakfast full of local culinary delights. Breakfasts have included items such as homemade yogurt smoothies, sweet potato fries, organic eggs, fruit and fresh bread. Enjoy breakfast in your room or outside on the large private porch overlooking her magnificent, very private property.

We have had a chance to look at the other room called the Carriage House which is not as large as the White Pines Suite, but again provides all the comforts to make for an enjoyable stay.

Retreat at TreeGap is conveniently located to downtown Woodstock and all the other popular areas in the Hudson River Valley.

Megan is a wonderful host and we look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAZ13
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We visited TreeGap for 3 nights in August and stayed in the Carriage House. Beautiful accommodation, totally relaxing, delicious breakfasts delivered daily on a tray to our door and chickens outside our window. And all very environmentally friendly! What more could you want. Thanks Megan!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 7 in Windham
Enchanted Manor of Woodstock
1 mi away
Morning Glory B&B Woodstock

Been to Retreat at TreeGap? Share your experiences!