“Off the main drag, but worth seeking out”

Mountain Gate Indian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Indian
USA
“Off the main drag, but worth seeking out”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

When traveling to this part of the Catskills, you might ask do they really have authentic Indian food? The answer is yes.
I have dined here with people from various countries and they have all been surprised that they are getting the real deal in the hamlet of Woodstock.
The kitchen does a great job turning out what you want and will work with you should you have food allergies. Service might not be up to NYC standards, but it is worth keeping in mind you are eating in a family run place.
Enjoy eating here when visiting Woodstock.

Visited November 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Bad place and Indian is our favorite food!!!!!!!!!!! PS I am sorry but ....”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am sorry to say we love Indian food and this restaurant has always been awful in most ways . It would be so easy to make it better...

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Jeffrey W
Woodstock, New York
“Maybe on a Tuesday”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The night I went in, I was the only diner--initially-- I had to walk into the kitchen to let them know I was there. Meal was average. Wondered how they could mess up Naan?? Tuesday nights are buffet nights, maybe I will chance it again then.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank missjean64
ikephil
“Yes, there is an Indian Rest. in Woodstock”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Mountain Gate has authentic Indian foods and is very good.
Don't miss their Tuesday night buffet. It's the best deal in town.
The owner is the chef and he is awesome. Try the vegitarian/ or meat dishes/ and the breads. So good. It's off of Tinker St....just around the corner from the Fletcher Gallery.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ikephil
Pennsylvania
“Was just ok”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We were in the area for vacation and decided to have dinner at Mt. Gate. The Tues. night buffet was available and that's what I ordered. My husband ordered a lamb dish. He enjoyed his. I wish I'd have ordered from the menu too. The buffet was really haphazard and tucked into a small area in the back room. Didn't seem very clean. The food was mediocre. I've had much better Indian food at numerous restaurants near home so I was disappointed. Looks like others really enjoyed it, based on older reviews. If you like Indian, give it a try. I probably won't if I'm back in the area.

Visited July 2013