“Beautiful and peaceful (and a bit pricey)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Woodstock Holistic B&B
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I agree with the other reviews: The Mandala suite is peaceful and lovely. My wife and I had a great, restful weekend, using both the sauna and the whirlpool. The location, very close to town, is also terrific. You could drive 3 or 4 minutes, or walk 7-10 minutes (so why drive?).

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

By the way, Wifi isn't listed on the website, but they do have it.

An important note: this isn't a typical B&B. You get some provisions and have to rustle up your own breakfast. We didn't mind that at all. We appreciated the instant oatmeal, fresh eggs, fresh fruit, juice, bread and almond milk in the fridge in the kitchenette. (We also had enough coffee filters, so that may have been a short-term problem for another guest.)

Overall, we loved it. I'd say it's a bit pricey--granted, you have a private sauna and whirlpool tub, but you make your own food--but it is a great, unique place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David F
There are newer reviews for Woodstock Holistic B&B

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I were in the Mandala suite and really enjoyed our experience. Here is what we enjoyed:

* Having a jacuzzi tub right in our bathroom
* Having a sauna right in our bathroom
* Having a kitchenette in our room
* The skylight right about our bed so that we could look at the sky at night
* That the property was very close to town, but far enough away that it was still and quiet
* Being right up the road from a stream
* Dog friendly!
* Very friendly staff

What we think could be better:

* Having more food choices at breakfast - after the first day, our breakfast supplies were not replenished
* Having two coffee makers in the room is nice, having at least one coffee filter would have been even better
* Queen size bed is a bit hard to adjust to if you are used to a king sized bed

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason V
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This simply is simply heaven on earth.

My girlfriend and I needed to get out of the city for a few days and relax. The Woodstock Holistic B&B catered to our every need. The accommodations were impeccable and the location was perfect.

It's literally a 5-minute walk into the heart of town where you'll find tons of adorable little restaurants, vintage stores, and more. We hiked an amazing mountain, went swimming in a stream, and went for a beautiful run in the woods.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a fun-filled, nature-inspired weekend with their significant other.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaredmw
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Amazing place to share a romantic weekend. It was a rainy one, but there´s nothing like falling asleep listening the sound of the rain in the roof windows. Rain permitted some hiking though and deers and squirrels made great pics! Loved the location and I´d ask the hosts about the pre-ordered dinners... awesome!!!

We´ll definitely come back...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antonio C
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I normally do not write reviews, but I just returned from an amazing 1-week stay at the Woodstock Holistic B&B! The pictures don't capture the beauty of this place.

I stayed at the Mandela Suite for several days, and enjoyed my stay so much that I extended my stay. I wanted to try the 2-story Dharma Tower, and the owner and host, Eva, was so gracious and accomodating.

1) Location of the B&B -- best location in Woodstock. Tucked away and woodsy so you feel like you are in the country, yet you're only a 5-10 minute walk to Woodstock's Main Street where there are great restaurants, wine shop, and shopping. There is also a river down the road from the B&B, a 1-minute walk, where you can fish and frolic in the water. There's also a wonderful woodsy hike that is about a 10-minute walk from the B&B. I took my dog, and he absolutely loved running around off-leash.

2) B&B -- the property is beautifully landscaped. Loved walking around the lovely grounds, the smell of fresh air and pine, and being enveloped by the tall trees.

3) Mandela Suite -- beautiful, spotless room with your own private entrance and deck. Such great light in the room with a skylight right above the bed. Did I mention my own private sauna? The sauna was big enough to fit probably 5-6 adults!

4) Dharma Tower -- a 2-story room in a B&B, with your own private entrance? Definitely a first for me! Loved that the king-sized bedroom, private kitchen and bathroom were on the first floor, and the 2nd floor was my own private living room. The huge bay windows and 2 skylights give this room soooo much light. Spent many hours sitting there just reading and looking out the window.

5) B&B Owner -- Eva made me feel so at home. Loved how she stays true to the holistic feel by stocking only organic, local products in the kitchen. Yummy. Love the flexibility of cooking your own breakfast, as well as other meals (there's an electric burner in each kitchen).

I've stayed in many B&Bs, and this was my best experience. Will definitely be back soon.

This is the perfect country escape to re-charge from NYC!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NYC_Traveler362
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband booked a weekend at the Woodstock Holistic B&B as a surprise for my 28th birthday, and it was everything I could have asked for and more. We stayed in the Mandala suite, which has a cozy gas burning stove, a beautiful 2 person jacuzzi, and an incredible 2 person cedar sauna. We spent our weekend relaxing in the tub and sauna, cuddling by the fire, and exploring Woodstock and the Catskills.

Woodstock Holistic B&B is not your typical B&B. There is a small kitchen, and the hosts very sweetly provide everything you need to make your own delicious breakfast - fresh eggs, oatmeal, coffee, amazing local goat cheese. Being private folks who enjoy sleeping late, we really loved this option.

There are other great touches that make the suite so amazing - including a bunch of aroma therapy supplies, a nice skylight above the bed, and the fact that there is NO TV! This place is where you come to unwind, turn off and reconnect with your loved one. No TV required!

The hosts also provided plenty of brochures and literature about the area, including maps of things that are within walking distance of the suite. Even though the B&B is tucked away in a wooded lot on a dirt road, the main st. of Woodstock is walking distance - with all the little shops and restaurants for exploring. We really enjoyed our dinner at the Indian restaurant near by, and we caught a matinée of Oscar nominated shorts at the local cinema. We also enjoyed driving around and exploring the Catskills - and snow tubing! And of course, it was incredible to come back and enjoy a nice session in the sauna after our wintery adventures.

All in all, the Woodstock Holistic B&B far exceeded anything I imagined for my perfect winter escape. I certainly hope we will return!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmberfromBrooklyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
#1 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Morning Glory B&B Woodstock
Enchanted Manor of Woodstock

Been to Woodstock Holistic B&B? Share your experiences!