“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our stay at the Enchanted Manor was a very pleasant one. Claudia, the owner, is a wonderful person, and provides the best possible service. The quality of the room, bed, bath are all excellent and highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cor852

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jamison, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived in Woodstock with hotel reservations only to find out that the place was under construction. We bagged it. We saw the Enchanted Manor on the Chamber of Commerce website. We decided to give it a try (4th of July weekend BTW). the owner - Claudia - said she had one room available but only for one night. We grabbed it. What a great move. Claudia could not have been more gracious and accommodating and her home and grounds are beautiful and tranquil. Didn't get to use the salt water pool or hot tub due to thunderstorms but that was ok. It was just as relaxing sitting on her front porch watching the storm. Following a good nights sleep in our small but cozy room - the Butter Cup room (private bath) we were greeted in the kitchen by Claudia who served a delicious breakfast.
We look forward to visiting the Enchanted Manor again and seeing our enchanting hostess and new friend Claudia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RichieB444
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visit friends in Woodstock frequently and have been trying to find a good place to return to. We're glad to have found it here, and recommended the Enchanted Manor to our friends for when their family visits. We loved the grounds. Our rooms were beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed meeting Claudia, our host.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah W
Ventnor City, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Enchanted Manor for two nights, came to Woodstock to see Amy Helm record a live CD. Claudia and Rolan are wonderful people who made us feel so comfortable and at home. The Manor is clean, cozy and inviting, and the grounds are very peaceful and beautiful. Claudia's breakfasts were delicious and very accommodating to our vegetarian diet. It's just a short, easy ride into the main part of town, and Claudia provided us with step-by-step directions. Our weekend was great, we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. We would highly recommend this B & B

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Needed to escape NYC for a night with my girlfriend ... ! We decided to rent a car and drive it up to the Woodstock area for a nice Saturday evening getaway. On a last minute whim, I called the Enchanted Manor. They were able to book us a room for $300. We were excited and drove over to meet them and get settled in.

Greeted by Claudia, an extremely welcoming woman, who was also nice enough to call in a reservation to a local restaurant for us. When we returned and settled back into the room we enjoyed the glorious jacuzzi and extremely spacious suite. The night was wonderful.

The next morning we went upstairs to eat and met two women staying there. They were friends of the owners, and we enjoyed a nice chat and breakfast together. But it became awkward when a character named Rolan (owner's husband) circled the table then sat down and proceed to talk about his revolutionary ideas. It was fine at first, but became increasingly uncomfortable as he went on for a while about a business idea - interrupting our breakfast. It became incredibly uncomfortable when this continued as I just wanted to be with my girlfriend and enjoy the wonderful view.

I was quite frustrated and just wanted to leave this breakfast turned awkward situation so I packed our stuff up and headed to the car; then asked my girlfriend if she could drop the payment off to the owners.

I understand that B&Bs have a personal touch and that is what makes them special; however, I found this particular morning off putting. The grounds and house are absolutely beautiful and I would not discourage anyone from staying here. However, I felt that I needed to post this review to let potential guests know of my experience this morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank McConkie
Harmonythree, Owner at Enchanted Manor of Woodstock, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guests:
I would like to apologize for your uncomfortable breakfast. Apparently my feedback mechanism is not as finely tuned as I'd like to think. I don't talk about my project to 99% of the guests. On rare occasions, if someone seems genuinely interested, I will share some more about it with them. Obviously, in your case I allowed my enthusiasm and passion for my project to cause me to misjudge your interest level and shared too much and detracted from the otherwise nice time that you were having. Again, I am very sorry. Pursuant to your feedback I have made a decision to keep my project entirely separate from the B&B and will no longer share ANY details with guests so such an occurrence will never happen again.

rolan
Raymond, Maine
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was a great place, great folks and deluxe accommodations. Our room had a steam room in the bathroom and our gracious hosts set up massages for us on the premises, so we didn't have to go hunting for a good masseuse. The grounds are beautiful and breakfast was terrific. A strong recommendation if you want to be near Woodstock but not right in town.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Such a wonderful find! One of the loveliest experiences we've enjoyed at a B&B. Claudia and Rolan are to be commended for their vision that goes well above and beyond standard innkeeping. Gracious, warm, accommodating, perceptive and responsive to our every need, we felt immediately at home. The accommodations were simply perfect on every level, from fare to restful sleep, to an amazingly skillful in-house massage, to directions to the best places in town! We could not have asked for a more nourishing, renewing, and delightful experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mthereseful .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Enchanted Manor of Woodstock? Share your experiences!