“Can't Wait to Return!”

River Rock Health Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Winner "Best of Hudson Valley" Awards for 9 Years. Listed by the official I Love NY website as "What to Do" when visiting New York. Listed by TripAdvisor as a top attraction in Woodstock, NY. In a Catskills country setting, this spa is a lovely place to relax, celebrate, and heal. In scenic Woodstock, Ulster County, New York, ------River Rock provides natural wellness treatments that help you find the balance that is crucial for inner harmony, wellness of body and the possibility of rejuvenation. Their world-class therapists are all NY State-licensed. Extensive service menu available on website. Treatment products are from Aveda and Eminence Organic Skincare. Massage: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Combination of Swedish & Deep Tissue, Hot Stone with Aromatherapy, Hot Towel with Aromatherapy, Myofacial Lumbar Massage, Prenatal/Postnatal,Reflexology, Shiatu, Bindegeweb, Raindrop and more. Energy treatments include Reiki. Amenities: spa robe, slippers, individual steam/sauna units, showers and toiletries, 9 treatment rooms, relaxation lounge with teas and snacks, conference room and private parking. In a serene mountainous setting, the spa property is a certified Wildlife Habitat for deer, hawks, butterflies, Dragonflies and so many others.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Newburgh, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can't Wait to Return!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Whenever I'm feeling stressed, I take the time to return to the River Rock Health Spa in Woodstock, NY. It's a 45-min drive for me, but it is worth it! Owner, Babs Moley and her staff always treat me as if I'm the Queen of England (ha!) and they know just the right body worker and/or other treatment to suggest for me. There are times I need a complete facial which is always so rejuvenating and relaxing. There are times I need a long and deep-tissue massage. Each practitioner is first class, the best of the best -- I've traveled all over the world (Baden-Baden to Jerusalem) and have had treatments in the best spas in the world. I would still vote for River Rock Health Spa for where I want to rest, rejuvenate and revitalize my body and mind.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank SheilaAkinPearl

Woodstock, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Dissapointing and poor customer service”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was given a gift of a couples massage and though the massage was decent, the customer service was terrible. When we called to book the appointment it took several calls to reach someone, and had to wait for someone to call back, as they were too busy to make reservation. We both choose Swedish hot towel massages. Then upon getting there the ambiance was not great as it is a converted doctor's office; it is not very zen. Upon checking out we were told we owed extra money because I asked for a deep tissue massage, which I did not, and even confirmed upon check in. Then when I told receptionist that I had a hot towel, which is what I asked for, she quipped with a snide comment was not needed and I corrected her by again stating my request and reservation was for Swedish hot towel. She then took $10 dollars off. Not a relaxing experience, we left agitated, disappointing and out $290. I would go to Mohonk or the Emerson; much better and professional.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank willysjeep
riverrocksteward, Owner at River Rock Health Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear River Rock Visitor,
To say that I am shocked and disappointed is an understatement. I will meet with our staff and find out what happened and take corrective measures. As you can see from many other reviews, we normally receive high ratings and reviews.
I appreciate your taking time to write a detailed account though I would have preferred you ask for me (owner, management) at the time so I could take corrective action on the spot. Even if I was not in the building, my staff knows how to reach me 24/7. If you will contact me directly, you can count on my promise of attentive concern.
Babs Moley, owner, babs.moley@riverrock.biz
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ask for Ina, she's fantastic!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is a super clean small spa tucked away in the woods, they have great organic products, helpful staff. It's small but absolutely immaculate, there is a one person steam shower a sauna. Easy to find just off the main thoroughfare , and sun frost nearby is convenient or a healthy lunch, makes for a nice relaxing getaway or girls day out ! If you're looking for a facial , Ina is really lovely and knowledgable.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Margaret D
Phoenix, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Relaxing massage in a friendly and clean spa”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I had a side-by-side massage at River Rock spa. The spa is located on a side road away from Woodstock town center in a very idyllic setting. The changing rooms and the steam room/sauna areas were very clean and spotless, as were the massage rooms. The men's changing area was not busy at all and I could sit in the complimentary steam room/sauna for as long as I liked.

The massage itself was very relaxing and the massage therapists asked us about specific areas that we wanted extra attention on before starting the session. Despite it being Memorial day weekend, we did not feel hurried or rushed by the therapists (except we knew it was a busy day for them since we had to complete our intake forms *after* the massage). The relaxation room was available for us to recover in after the massage, and there was no pressure on us to leave the area after we were done.

The front desk service was very helpful and gave us several good recommendations on restaurants nearby. What I did find odd was that the gratuity was added to the main charge as a single expense after the front desk confirmed with me on how much I would like to tip (20% was recommended as a minimum). The tip section itself was crossed out on the receipt and the total already showed the final amount, so I couldn't add an additional tip as an afterthought when I signed the merchant's copy. Then again, I don't go to spas that often so maybe this is standard practice.

On the whole, I'd definitely recommend River rock spa for anyone in the Woodstock area looking for a good professional massage and other treatments. We'd be sure to go there next time we have a massage in mind in the Catskills.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dev R
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Girls Getaway”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My friend and I met for a weekend in the Woodstock area for a weekend retreat from work, kids and the other demands of life. We hadn't seen each other in 5 years and including River Rock in our plans was perfect. We each had a body scrub/wrap and a facial. The atmosphere was wonderful, the staff attentive and the treatments divine! I asked Kate if she was going to make me look 10 years younger and I think mission accomplished! My skin hasn't glowed like this in years. Thank you River Rock for a great experience!

Visited March 2013