“Sweet, Quiet Zen”

River Rock Health Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Winner "Best of Hudson Valley" Awards for 9 Years. Listed by the official I Love NY website as "What to Do" when visiting New York. Listed by TripAdvisor as a top attraction in Woodstock, NY. In a Catskills country setting, this spa is a lovely place to relax, celebrate, and heal. In scenic Woodstock, Ulster County, New York, ------River Rock provides natural wellness treatments that help you find the balance that is crucial for inner harmony, wellness of body and the possibility of rejuvenation. Their world-class therapists are all NY State-licensed. Extensive service menu available on website. Treatment products are from Aveda and Eminence Organic Skincare. Massage: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Combination of Swedish & Deep Tissue, Hot Stone with Aromatherapy, Hot Towel with Aromatherapy, Myofacial Lumbar Massage, Prenatal/Postnatal,Reflexology, Shiatu, Bindegeweb, Raindrop and more. Energy treatments include Reiki. Amenities: spa robe, slippers, individual steam/sauna units, showers and toiletries, 9 treatment rooms, relaxation lounge with teas and snacks, conference room and private parking. In a serene mountainous setting, the spa property is a certified Wildlife Habitat for deer, hawks, butterflies, Dragonflies and so many others.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 March 2014

On a recent trip to Woodstock, a friend recommended I visit this spa and I was not disappointed. The first thing I noticed was the serene environment. Everything was so quiet and I started to relax immediately. I had an amazing hot stone massage followed by a sauna, then had a lovely cup of tea as I relaxed a while longer in the quiet room. The experience was perfect from start to finish and I know I'll return next time I'm in town!

3  Thank FJones37
"rachel"
"elle"
"products"

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I and my wife were there for a couples massage. I had a decent massage however the events surrounding it were very damaging. My wife and I were sent off to different locker rooms so I assumed that I was in men's locker room. Post massage I felt rushed back to the locker room. Whilst relieving myself in a morning fashion, I was shocked to notice a woman patron being placed in the room. I was completely nude and extremely embarrassed as I'm sure the essence of my morning relief wasn't pleasant. So I waited in the stall (manly feet exposed) until she changed and exited. I also tried to use to the one person sauna that was extremely cool as my burly body never broke a sweat. I brought up the cooler sauna to the front desk and they grew very defensive and dismissive of my claim. They stated it was set to a low temperature for safety reasons. Perhaps I have relative deprivation, but these issues I have never encountered at a nearby spa on route 28. OB

6  Thank Obather
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I've been to River Rock four or five times for a massage. The massage rooms are nice and peaceful, and the therapists are generally good. The place isn't really much of a spa, though. There's a teeny tiny sauna in the ladies' changing room, and a steam shower that wasn't working last time I was there. The relaxation room, where you wait for your appointment and can get tea and snacks, is a nice place to sit and read. I'd definitely go there again for a massage, but for a full spa experience, the Emerson on route 28 is probably much better.

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 25 November 2013

For a soothing, pampering break from our stressful lives -- this is the place!! Select from a wide range of treatments and massages and then relax in the zen room -- aaahhhhh!! Whether solo, with friends, or as a couple, you will be luxuriating in style at River Rock.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have been to River Rock spa several times in the past few years. The service is consistently good: you feel at ease the moment you walk in. The decor is simple, elegant and the place is always immaculate. Tea and snacks help you unwind before or after the massage. I have had several different kinds of massages there, including during pregnancy for which the masseuse was specifically trained. It made a big impact in the later months. The couples massage was also a highlight right before our wedding -- it really helped us prepare for the big day! The spa is located at the edge of Woodstock's main street, so it is really a treat to combine it with a great, healthy meal or a day that includes one of the many cultural events there. I will keep going back to River Rock whenever I deserve to treat myself and recommend it very highly.

2  Thank JSBKNY