“Fabulous spa!”

River Rock Health Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Winner "Best of Hudson Valley" Awards for 9 Years. Listed by the official I Love NY website as "What to Do" when visiting New York. Listed by TripAdvisor as a top attraction in Woodstock, NY. In a Catskills country setting, this spa is a lovely place to relax, celebrate, and heal. In scenic Woodstock, Ulster County, New York, ------River Rock provides natural wellness treatments that help you find the balance that is crucial for inner harmony, wellness of body and the possibility of rejuvenation. Their world-class therapists are all NY State-licensed. Extensive service menu available on website. Treatment products are from Aveda and Eminence Organic Skincare. Massage: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Combination of Swedish & Deep Tissue, Hot Stone with Aromatherapy, Hot Towel with Aromatherapy, Myofacial Lumbar Massage, Prenatal/Postnatal,Reflexology, Shiatu, Bindegeweb, Raindrop and more. Energy treatments include Reiki. Amenities: spa robe, slippers, individual steam/sauna units, showers and toiletries, 9 treatment rooms, relaxation lounge with teas and snacks, conference room and private parking. In a serene mountainous setting, the spa property is a certified Wildlife Habitat for deer, hawks, butterflies, Dragonflies and so many others.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Wilton, Connecticut, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous spa!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

During a visit to Woodstock, my 15 year old daughter discovered this spa and suggested we go for messages. We did - and had an absolutely fabulous experience. Robes were soft and comfy, lounge was clean, relaxing and inviting. Best of all - the messages!! Reasonably priced - a great treat for everyone!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Cindy W

Willow, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The spa of your dreams”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I'm in love with the whole spa experience at River Rock. Whatever tension or stress you take in with you, is gone without a trace when you leave. The spa is spotless with lovely colors, sounds, staff and choices. I've had several types of massages and facials, and have been 100% satisfied. The dedication and love coming from the entire staff is palpable. Thank you River Rock!

1 Thank Susan R
West Hurley, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Knowledgable staff and healing experience”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have had several massages at River Rock over the past several years. Every experience has been wonderful - from the relaxing atmosphere to the excellent staff. This time I had a very specific request for my treatment. About 6 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism - Graves Disease. In addition to losing about 15 pounds of muscle in a short period of time, a dangerous side effect of this disease is risk of heart failure with any elevation of the heart rate, I was instructed not to engage in any physical activity, by my doctor. For me, this was very difficult - I have always been an athlete and I have been snowboarding competitively for a number of years. So being unable to move my body around, combined with the loss of muscle left me feeling very uncomfortable and mentally down. I called River Rock to see if they could suggest something for my particular situation. In fact, they knew exactly what would help. I was told that several practitioners on staff could treat me with a muscle-healing massage that would address my exact condition. Based on my timing, I was assigned to Angel. After relaxing in my luxurious robe (and yes, treating myself to a handful of peanuts and raisins), Angel introduced herself and asked me to share the specifics of my condition and my concerns. She knew exactly what I needed and proceeded to use a technique (can't remember the name) that spread out and massaged what she told me was the fascia tissue around my muscles. After such a long period of inertia, this method felt so amazing. I had never had a massage like this before. I loved every minute of it and when it was over, I felt the way I used to after a long hot shower post workout. Through out the treatment, Angel answered all my questions and gave me information that I can use beyond the visit. I am going to make another appointment in a week. I highly recommend Angel and River Rock to anyone who may have a specific condition that needs attention. I have psoriatic arthritis in addition the the recent diagnosis of Graves Disease, so my case wasn't easy. I am thrilled with my experience and wish I had called River Rock sooner.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank gibsonnit
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sweet, Quiet Zen”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

On a recent trip to Woodstock, a friend recommended I visit this spa and I was not disappointed. The first thing I noticed was the serene environment. Everything was so quiet and I started to relax immediately. I had an amazing hot stone massage followed by a sauna, then had a lovely cup of tea as I relaxed a while longer in the quiet room. The experience was perfect from start to finish and I know I'll return next time I'm in town!

3 Thank FJones37
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not much for the money”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I and my wife were there for a couples massage. I had a decent massage however the events surrounding it were very damaging. My wife and I were sent off to different locker rooms so I assumed that I was in men's locker room. Post massage I felt rushed back to the locker room. Whilst relieving myself in a morning fashion, I was shocked to notice a woman patron being placed in the room. I was completely nude and extremely embarrassed as I'm sure the essence of my morning relief wasn't pleasant. So I waited in the stall (manly feet exposed) until she changed and exited. I also tried to use to the one person sauna that was extremely cool as my burly body never broke a sweat. I brought up the cooler sauna to the front desk and they grew very defensive and dismissive of my claim. They stated it was set to a low temperature for safety reasons. Perhaps I have relative deprivation, but these issues I have never encountered at a nearby spa on route 28. OB

6 Thank Obather