“A Little Piece of Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Twin Gables of Woodstock
Ranked #5 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have stayed at Twin Gables many times over the years and i love it so much! My most recent stay was for New Year...it is my own little piece of heaven, when i want to get away from the city for a couple of days and enjoy the peace and charm of this wonderful guesthouse. The owners and staff are always very friendly and accommodating. It is always spotlessly clean and fresh and i love the (always accessible) coffee bar! I would highly recommend Twin Gables to anyone who would like to experience the full charm of the town of Woodstock...though, jealously, i also want to keep it as my own very special little secret, for when i am in need of a special place to relax and recharge...!!!!!!!!!!....

Room Tip: I think any room would a fine choice...they seem to have rooms to suit most needs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sadhak1313

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Twin Gables over New Years. We loved the history and charm of the guesthouse, as well as the location right near the center of town and the price. The owners were happy to go the extra mile for us, and there is a great little hiking area around the corner. I've already recommended Twin Gables to many friends and give it an excellent review.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H B
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have found ourselves returning to Woodstock regularly to spend time with friends, and rather than driving up and back from the NYC area every time, we decided to make quick weekend getaways of our trips. After two fairly mediocre experiences elsewhere, we decided to try Twin Gables. Well, third time was indeed the charm!

Upon our late arrival, an envelope with helpful instructions and key gave access through an entry foyer to a cheerful fire in a cozy and welcoming parlor. It was delightful to discover this charming guesthouse as a centrally located, clean, well-appointed home away from home. We brought our son with us this trip and needed an extra bed, which a reasonably priced, convenient and spacious ground floor en suite room provided. The beds are comfortable, room temperature easily adjusted, hot water plentiful and the water pressure is great. There were ample towels and eco friendly cleasing products. Despite moderate road traffic it was a quiet haven inside, and the atmosphere is casual and classic. Parking is quite adequate on the front and side street along with four spaces behind the house.

The homey decor perfectly compliments the age and style of the building, which fits right in to it's proper niche in the Woodstock community. This guesthouse provides a healthy "continental" style breakfast of organic yogurts, fresh seasonal fruit, granola and a variety of pastries for those with a sweet tooth. Orange juice is available at breakfast, and there is 24 hour access to tea and coffee via Keurig to your individual liking. Fresh refrigerated milk, 1/2 & 1/2, or soy milk and honey sticks are handy if you love them for your tea. Due to the peculiar local custom of providing breakfast rather late at 9 am, this is the perfect way to start your leisurely day in Woodstock. Just enough to hold you over until lunch at any of the wonderful local eateries. Joshua's, Bread Alone, or Sunfrost are all highly recommend. Checkout is easy as pie. You just drop your key in the basket on the desk next to a journal you can express your thoughts in on the way out!

We were so delighted with the discovery of this gem, that over coffee in the parlor we immediately booked our next stay with the helpful young lady who set out breakfast. We eagerly anticipate enjoying the delights of this establishment and quaint community all decked out for the holiday next week!

Merry Christmas!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank CherelleDay
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We have been hoping to stay somewhere other than a motel on the interstate for a long time. Our visits to Woodstock are always fun, but we always hoped we could wake up in the morning and just be in town and walk out the door. Twin Gables enables us to do that. Yes, it's an older B and B, nothing fancy, but it's clean and comfortable, and the staff was very welcoming and helpful. Not as expensive as others in Woodstock and that's just right. We stayed just 1 night in a queen room with shared bathrooms on the hallway. Though we knew there were others there that night as well, there was no trouble getting bathroom access as there were 3 of them. The Gables says up front that they don't put out a hot breakfast and that's OK. What they did offer was fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, pastries and good coffee and tea.. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at Twin Gables over the Thanksgiving weekend and had a wonderful, relaxing time. When we arrived the fireplace was burning in the living room area. We were welcomed in, shown around and given the key that gave us access to our room as well as the front door for us to come and go as we pleased.
The room itself was adorable, furnished with well kept antiques and delicate floral wallpaper. There were, to my delight, no television sets or telephones. The room also had some wonderful photographs by a local artist that were available for purchase at a very affordable price.
Our room used the shared bathrooms that were right across the hall. The bathrooms were very clean, there were 2 full bathrooms and a toilet so we were usually able to go right in. Eco friendly shampoo, conditioner and soaps were provided as well as clean towels and a hair dryer.
It was very quiet, peaceful and cozy. The place somehow made me feel like a little girl staying at my grandmother's house. The owners and employees were available yet unimposing. We met some like minded guests that we really clicked with and had interesting conversations during breakfast and once in the evening by the fire.
The continental breakfast also exceeded my expectations. They had fresh fruit, including berries (my favorite), juice, yogurt, granola, muffins, coffee and tea. Being a tea lover, I was especially pleased with the tea selection (from a local tea shop), choice of soy milk or creams, and even honey sticks!
The location was perfect, right on the main street alongside many nice shops, art galleries and restaurants. I purchased many lovely hand crafted gifts while there. I found the locals to be friendly and helpful. Some strangers even greeted us like neighbors when we were walking around town.
My travel buddy could only stay one night but I stayed on for another two and even extended my own stay by one night.
I look forward to many happy returns! Thank you Twin Gables and Woodstock!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Isabelle R
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was a really comfortable place to stay. We had a queen bed in our room and shared bathroom down the hall. There were three bathrooms, two with showers, and one was always available. The room was very spacious for two people. Everyone was very nice, and left us completely to ourselves. Fruit and muffins were available in the mornings, very informal, and guests ate in the living room area on couches- no central table, no sit-down with the owners. B & B is right in the center of town- very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have stayed there for about a week each year for the past three years, and thoroughly enjoy the comfort and pleasant atmosphere both inside and outside the house. There is a screened gazebo in the back yard, and stone benches with lovely bushes to block the street if you sit in the front. Twin Gables is comfortable, clean and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. And it was a great location as I could walk to everything in town. I recently stayed at Twin Gables with my two daughters to introduce them to Woodstock, and to visit the Farm Sanctuary, which is about a 20 minute drive away. Remember to book early to make sure the room you desire is available!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business