“Great food and service.”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Wurtsboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Eating here is like you made it at home with a lot of love. Great wait staff. Will put this restaurant on my gotta go back too list.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Went to Giovanni's while visiting my mother in NY. The food is outstanding! I have visited Italy several times, and can honestly say this is fine Italian food. I had ravioli a la vodka and I loved it. Mom had seafood risotto and it was also delicious. We went back a few days later for brick oven pizza and it was EXACTLY like what I had in Italy. There was a group there celebrating a birthday so the atmosphere was fun and lively. The inside looks like a cross between a hunting lodge in Montana and a Cracker Barrel restaurant -- lots to look at, but still nice with starched table cloths, etc. Wish I lived closer -- I would go here often.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a fantastic meal at Giovanni's this evening. Food quality was very good (stuffed mushrooms, Clams, Veal Piccata and Eggplant Roll up). Staff was very friendly and the environment very lodgey. As others have noted, this is not a cookie cutter restaurant. Lots of interesting memorabilia on the walls and stuff to look at. We got very helpful advice from Julie pertaining to an upcoming trip to Naples and Amalfi. She even wrote it al down for us! Chris our waitress was spot on in her recommendations for appetizers. We will go back, no question.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

First let me say the food was very good and the service was excellent. I would recomend you try it. Decent portions for the price. The bread was freshly made. The appetizers were good. The meals were very good. The dessert was great. BUT with that being said I can't figure out what was going on with the actual place itself. There was baby furniture and what was obviously the owners personal desk in the dinning room??? There was personal clutter and "stuff" everywhere. Fake leaves stapled to the walls? A relief of Jesus hanging next to animal heads all over the walls. Wedding plates, dog trophies, ribbons, family photo's,Christmass, Forth of July and Halloween lights. Even if you just go for a drink you have to see this place. Its very hard to explain. It is a mix of grandpa's hunting cabin and a side show wrapped into one. Excellent service! Very good food! But WOW what a strange place. You have to try it. We will be back.

1  Thank chris h
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We hadn't been to Giovanni's in many years; we grew tired of its dingy decor (stuffed formerly-live animals dripping with dirt & dust, shelves piled with junk, etc) but decided to give it another try last night. Upon pulling into the parking lot, we were greeted by hundreds of cigarette butts scattered on the ground; not very appealing. Once inside, the decor was familiar, just with another 10 years of added junk everywhere. In the dining room propper, there are two "family tables" where the Giovanni family eats-and another table and a desk where they do their "paper work"--this area is a mess, and very unappetizing to look at during dinner. There is a platform where there appears to be a wood burning stove buried among junk---a baby pen, a baby walker, and lots of "things" hung on the wall behind the stove, including a plastic bag of who knows what. There are hats hanging on this wall along with other things that are dripping in dust. But the biggest turnoff was during our meal (which wasn't bad, if you could get past all the garbage surrounding us) was when one member of the family came OUT of the kitchen with a toilet plunger in his hand, headed to the bathroom! Why would a toilet plunger be stored in the kitchen?????? I'm sorry, Giovanni family, but you really need to clean this place up---it is most unappetizing.

3  Thank ally54