“very pleasant stay 2 times”
Review of Days Inn Wurtsboro

Days Inn Wurtsboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wurtsboro
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel was nicely situated off the 17 highway. Nice quiet location. rooms were clean and tidy. A lot more lighting, free microwave and fridge than the Holiday Inn Express which was $70 more, and $25 even more for the fridge. This was a great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were in the area to visit family for the weekend, but we could not stay at the hotel we wanted because they were full on Friday night. When I called to make the reservation everything was ok at first. After making the reservation, I was automatically transferred to a some traveler's choice offer. They told me that by booking, i was automatically enrolled in this program. It was going to cost $1 the 1st month an $16 every month after that. I tried to opt out, but the lady on the other end would not take no for an answer. Before hanging up on me, she quickly said a phone number which i only got part of. I had to spend 10 minutes searching online to find the name of the company so that I could call back. When I did, I spoke with an agent who told me she was not able to opt me out. After demanding to speak to a manager, I was finally connected to someone. He told me I would have to call back after a week to confirm the cancellation. I was forced to call my credit card company to place a hold on the account for any charges coming from their company.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were able to check-in very painlessly. The evening clerk was very polite and welcoming. When we went to the room, we gave the boys a bath and then let them hang around for a few minutes, so that they could calm down and get ready for bed. After walking barefoot on the floor for less then 5 minutes the bottoms of their feet were black from the dirt that must have been in the carpet. In addition, we found garbage in various places around the room. There were Twisted Tea bottle caps on the floor by the fridge and dirty tissues behind and in the nightstand between the double beds.

Also, the microwave in the room did not work at all. we wanted to heat our sons milk before bed, but were unable to so in the room. I had to go to the desk where the evening clerk was nice enough to use the microwave in the staff room to heat the milk.

We had requested a crib for our youngest son so that we did not have to bring our own pak-n-play. The "crib" that they promised us was a rickety old pak-n-play and it was FILTHY. We attempted to scrub the stains off of it, but to no avail. When I brought this up to the staff, they said they did not have anymore cribs available. I ended up letting him sleep in one of the doubles with me and I stayed up all night to make sure he did not fall out.

The complimentary breakfast was very sparse, but at least we were able to get a cup off coffee before we checked-out. I would not return to this hotel again just on the grounds of cleanliness. I am glad we were able to get a room in a different hotel for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luigi_Green
Reviewed 9 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at tho hotel a few weeks ago for a concert at bethel woods. The place was easy to find the staff was great and made sure we knew that when we got out of the concert the places near by would be close so get what we wanted before we went. The room was nice it was quiet no problems!! I would stay here again. I look for cleanliness, that is what matters most to me. Our room was clean, the air conditioner worked great. No complaints from me

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hal K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wurtsboro
Best Western Monticello
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#2 of 9 in Middletown
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing

Been to Days Inn Wurtsboro? Share your experiences!