“Over priced to not be clean...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers

Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Over priced to not be clean...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I usually love Hampton Inn with their suite rooms. I heard great review about this one and decided to try it out instead of the Hilton Garden Inn. What a big mistake, for the rate of 200+, I would expect the room to be cleaner. The bathroom air vent had gross things growing from it. Anyone that cleaned that bathroom would be able to see it. I was afraid to use the toilet in case it dropped on my head. The bed skirt had stains all on it. Looks disgusting, I don't even want to think what it is. I did not move from the middle of the bed in case I touched something gross.

Pros: The bed was soft as always.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Thi N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Monroe, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great location, clean but expensive compared to other Hampton Inns. One major complaint is this hotel is pet friendly. There was a dog barking on and off most if the night and into the morning. Others checking out had the same complaint. I would not stay at this perticular inn again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank DonTooch
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that noise from a barking dog was an issue during your time with us. We are a pet-friendly hotel and require all guests to sign a pet policy which stipulates that they may be asked to leave if we receive any ongoing complaints of dog barking. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Andre Clark, GM
Mendota Heights, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is very nice. Breakfast was great each morning, and staff was very helpful. Only problem during our stay was the chlorine in the pool was way too high and caused my sons eyes to burn. Great location close to my family out there, and rooms were kept very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I realize I was in Westchester, where prices are steep to begin with. But this hotel was average at best and didn't rate the $200+ per-night cost. My room was basic, with no tub - just a shower that had VERY old, sticky sliding doors. The sleeping area was on the small side, dominated by the bed and an awkwardly angled dresser overshadowed by a very large TV. The bathroom sink was quite high (I am short, so this is a problem for me). The closet was tiny! And the eggs at breakfast were cold. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly, especially the night clerk who showed me how to use the microwave in the snack pantry. And the king-size bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank awryalot
Glen Head, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This Hampton Inn did everything one expects of a Hampton Inn- they had great front desk staff, excellent clean well presented rooms, it is relatively convenient to NYC, it has a good bar, unlike several other Hampton Inns it allows Dogs for no additional fees, the only real downside is the price as it is in the NYC area after all. Would definitely go back if on a trip back to NYC though

Room Tip: No special advantages it seems at this one.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We had a three day stay at this Hampton Inn this week and it is a fantastic hotel. The staff are all really friendly, knowledgable and professional. The rooms are superb and the breakfast area is really comfortable. We had a dental emergency and the receptionist, Brandii, was very helpful and managed to find us a dentist and get an appointment within the hour. This allowed us to carry on with our day sight seeing in the city. The free shuttle to the train station (Greystone) was really useful, it is $20 each peak time, $15 off peak for a return into Grand Central station. It takes 35 mins and is a very regular service. Having just spent a month in New England and stayed at seven Hampton Inn's in total this was my favourite. We will be back!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairhope, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

great breakfast, great environment except for the complete absence of hot water my final morning. Please consult my earlier more complete comments. this is all I need to say, and the nag about 200 characters is unnecessarily annoying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank George G
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
George,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to water temperature. We encountered an issue with our water heater during your stay and it was quickly addressed; however, I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently replacing our older unit and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Andre Clark, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!