I have the occasion to travel on business to the adjacent business park, so am thrilled there is such a nice place to stay so close. I recently stayed through 3 consecutive weeks, traveling home on the weekends, so got a good taste of the check-in, check-out process, as well as tons of exposure to this hotel and its' attributes.
The check-in process is painless. I am in the Marriott Rewards program, so they already have tons of information about my room preferences. I have never spent more than a minute or two at the front desk before heading on my way up to my room.
The rooms are very nice--identical, down to the artwork, I've found, in the three different rooms I've stayed in there so far--but that's a benefit. They are nicely appointed, with a king bed, pull out bed in the sofa (very uncomfortable sofa to sit on), reclining chair, good-sized, flat screen TV, generous closet and drawer space, and nicely appointed kitchenette, with full sized fridge, stovetop, microwave, and an adequate selection of pots/pans/bowls/dishes/silverware/etc. They supply coffee and microwave popcorn as well, which is nice. There is a desk area as well.
I have a little trouble with the internet...wireless sometimes took some finessing to connect (you have to agree to terms, etc, on a page, and sometimes the signal would be lost before that process was complete), but other than that, once up and running, the connection was strong and reliable.
The hotel offers breakfast every morning, and dinner most weeknights, I think. This dinner is catered by the wonderful gentleman who runs the excellent Take Away Cafe, a little lunch place in the building I work in, so has historically been of delicious quality. There's even a cookout one night a week. The breakfast is standard for Residence Inns--make your own waffles, eggs, breakfast burritos, yogurt, cereals, etc...but between these two meal benefits, you can save tons of $$ by not having to go out to eat. There are some close eating options within walking distance if you miss the weeknight meal--an Applebee's across the street, and a short walk to a fantastic Italian restaurant (Giulia's?) a bit beyond that, a Dunkin' Donuts in the same plaza as the Italian place--other than that, you might have to get delivery or have the hotel van drop you off and pick you up from nearby places if you don't have a car.
Other than that, there's a nice pool and work out room, a basketball hoop and a little putting green outside, so you can amuse yourself. The hotel is pet friendly, so one week I brought my dogs. The only deficit to this was that I had to clean my own room! There is a nice area on the hotel grounds to walk the dogs, and the ability to leave the grounds and walk into neighborhoods, but the sidewalks are spotty in places, you have to keep crossing the street to stay on them. Beautiful, interesting places to walk, though, and not far from the Hudson River, which was fun to see.
All in all, I'm happy there is such a nice place so close to where I work--makes work travel much more tolerable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our spacious suites are designed with new luxurious bedding, work space, complimentary high speed internet and fully equipped kitchens. You have everything you need! Begin your day with a well balanced complimentary breakfast and come back home for our evening reception "In the Mix" (Monday - Wednesday). Enjoy the outdoor fire pit, sport court or putting green. Relax and rejuvenate by the indoor pool and whirlpool or sip your favorite wine while reading in our library. The convenience of the Metro North rail station close by makes traveling to work and New York City shopping fun and easy. Cordial, convenient and comfortable, this Yonkers hotel is sure to delight you and make you feel always welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Yonkers Hotel Yonkers
- Residence Inn By Marriott Yonkers Westchester County New York