“Clean, Friendly, Modern with Great Staff”

Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
“Clean, Friendly, Modern with Great Staff”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Spent 5 nights at this hotel with a 5 year old. Great choice ! All staff were very friendly. Shuttle service had to be pre-booked to nearby locations. Great drivers. Breakfast was more than adequate and nice selections to choose from. Housekeeping did not get to room until after 3pm daily which was an issue with nap time. Friendly housekeeping staff too. Laundry facility and pool well kept. Very clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This is a well-run, well-kept Residence Inn located in a quiet office park on the outskirts of Yonkers (i.e. "the nice part"). Everyone (seriously, everyone, and I interacted with roughly ten different staff members) I dealt with in the hotel was sincerely friendly, respectful, helpful and hospitable. My room (Studio Suite), while smaller than others I've stayed in at Residence Inns, was plenty spacious for a solo traveler and would be fine for a couple as well, I imagine. Everything in my suite was newish, contemporary and worked fine, the bed was wonderful, and the A/C operated smoothly.

While you can totally walk here from the Metro-North's Greystone Station (like I did) or take a long Bee-Line Bus ride from the end of the 1-train in the Bronx almost to the hotel's door, this property and location are geared towards people with cars. There is almost nothing nearby for dining/shopping within walking distance. Period. Like, totally nothing but an Applebee's, a Dunkin' Donuts and a Shell station with a quickie-mart. And even those aren't particularly pedestrian friendly destinations (or particularly good, for that matter, but I digress). There are however, fantastic views of the Hudson River nearby (check out Undermeyer Park!) and plenty of trees, birds, deer, etc., for those of us who don't get enough greenage and nature in our daily lives.

All in all, a very nice stay at a very nice property though. I look forward to returning sometime.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank brett m
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed her 2 nights Aug 22-23. The front desk were very friendly, very clean lobby & the room a lot nicer than I expected.
We used the shuttle once to the metro station...make sure you make a reservation for it when you check in.
The metro station is not within walking distance. Unless you like walking up & down big hills.
Road the train to Yankee Stadium..about 20 min ride & Times Square 40 min.
Took taxis from Yonkers metro 2 times both were quick 5 min rides.
Breakfast was good with a lot of variety to eat...each day was diff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ammowife2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Came with my husband to visit family that lived in the Bronx. This hotel was tucked away in a nice area about 15 minutes away! We got to visit with the family and stay in a clean hotel with plenty of amenities! There is a free breakfast in the mornings and a shuttle that will take you within 5 miles of the hotel. There's an Applebee's within walking distance if you do not have a car! I would definitely stay again!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank mrcoates72
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I wish I had a positive experience with this hotel but I had a horrible experience with them. First beware that Marriot hotels are in the business of over selling rooms. Although I had a valid reservation when i arrived to check in no rooms were available. I was "walked" to another residence inn in New Rochelle for one night then asked to return the second night to Yonkers. I refused because i was traveling alone with 2 small children. I requested compensation for the inconvenience but according to customer service rep. I elected not to return to hotel so they did not feel I should be compensated. I explained the hassle it is to move hotels with 2 children but no accommodation was made. I am very disappointed with my experience with Marriot. I have learned my lesson back to Hilton I go.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Kaleen718
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay at this hotel and the evening clerk was extremely helpful .My stay was like home away from home.like always Marriott never let me down with there superb service and great facilities. .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rodney C
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is filled with ants! They have nice rooms with kitchens but you cannot even use them do to the ants making an appearance even without a crumb on the floor. The staff didn't seem to concerned to rectify the situation so after a very long day at a tournament with my children, I was forced to vacuum my room several times at 10:30 at night as well as clean the floor with spray and wipes. I also had to pull the refrigerator out to clean the food and garbage that was underneath. Fun!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Sheamp13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County? Share your experiences!