“Don't bother its a gimmick.”

LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester
Book In Advance
More Info
US$19.99*
and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Westchester Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Yonkers
More attraction details
Owner description: Jump into the biggest box of LEGO bricks ever! Over 3 million LEGO® bricks under one roof...-MINILAND - see your favorite New York landmarks!-Kingdom Quest - an interactive LEGO laser ride-4D Cinema - feel part of the story-Master Model Builder - learn LEGO secrets-Birthday parties, school workshops and a huge LEGO shop!Come and experience the ultimate family entertainment attraction for LEGO fans of all ages!
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Place is an embarrassment for the name 'Lego' which has a special meaning at least in my mind growing up with them. I took my almost 4 year son and wife today, we were so disappointed. Its small, crowded, and honestly there is nothing to really spark creativity or interest. Compare Legoland to the Philly touch museum for example, its day and night. The setting is not inviting, cramped, what they call the 'Discovery Center' is nothing more than a bunch of unresponsive iPads stuck to waste of space objects that teaches absolutely nothing. I even asked a staff member whether this was it? She cowardly responded yes, knowing exactly understanding what I meant.

There are many, many places to go to in the NY/NJ area, try the Liberty Science Center, Dinosaur adventures. Don't waste your money, its a gimmick.

5  Thank NSW20142014
LDCWestchester, General Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear NSW20142014
Many thanks for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester and for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We apologize that you felt that our attraction did not meet your expectations and that you felt it to be overcrowded. That is certainly not the type of experience that we strive to provide to our customers as our guests’ satisfaction is absolutely our top priority. We value all guest feedback, and would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you further. Please email us at: Westchester@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"photo booth"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is our second visit and I thought that the kids might get bored. But I was wrong. They had more fun than the first visit. They stayed long in the building of the cars. They did everything the place has to offer. I used the promo coupons from the McDonald meals way back when they use to give these coupons with the kids' meals.

LDCWestchester, General Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi GraceandMercy
Many thanks for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester and for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit even more than your first and that you found the promo coupons to represent good value for money.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went with three children ages 3 7 and 8 who are all huge lego fans. I had very low expectations going into it because of the poor reviews and was very reluctant to dish out 85 bucks for all of us to go but my kids are lego fans and have been asking to go for some time. We got tickets for first thing in the morning and arrived 20 minutes early and were at the front of the line. Overall I was surprised at the bad reviews. If your kids don't like Lego I can see that you would be disappointed and feel ripped off but if they are it is worth the price for a day. That said, we probably won't return unless there is a reason to do something new like a new attraction. For me it was a one and done event because the price is so steep. Maybe I would do a season pass and return in the winter months. I was impressed with the facility from the beginning it was clean and had a lot for the kids to look at even in the ticketing area. We loved that the kids got a free souvenir brick in the factory area and the kids were amazed with the second room where they have NYC landmarks in lego it is amazing. They loved the replica Freedom tower and baseball stadiums. They could have been in that room alone for an hour. The ride where you blast bad guys was also great. We did a master builder class that even held the interest of my 3 year old for 20 minutes. Saw two of the 4d movies one was great Clutch Powers the other was not good Racers the characters were not even Lego figures. My kids brought a bagv of lego mini figures to trade and they left with all new ones. All the staff we encountered with the exception of one who worked at the gift shop were exceptionally friendly and seemed happy to be there and interact with the kids. Thew new Ninjago laser maze was good but could be longer. The climbing structure was great for all my kids they loved it and it was well supervised at the gate so we didnt worry about them leaving without us. Socks are required there. There should definitely be staff members posted inside the play structure. My husband witnessed kids physically fighting inside at one point which could have been prevented with staff supervision. No adults are allowed in the play structure and at times it can be hard to see from outside the gate what your kids are up to, even if you are paying attention which sadly many parents are not at all. The cafe prices were not awful you can get a child meal for 5.50 with drink little sandwich and chips. I saw some families that brought in their own snacks even though they say not to. We bought snacks for the kids. Overall we spent six hours there and were busy the whole time save a little break for snacks. The toddler was happy up until the end when she had a meltdown from being over tired.

3  Thank izzymama

Hi izzymama
Thanks for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester and for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that your family enjoyed your visit and that you enjoyed the attraction enough to be here for 6 hours. I will also pass on your thanks to the team who will be overjoyed to hear that their customer service was rated highly. Most of all I am thankful for your very detailed and constructive review and take on board your wish for new features to be added.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My seven-year-old son and I went today. He is a huge Lego fanatic, so, based on the website, I expected us to be there three or four hours. We were there an hour and a half. The facility itself is terrific- it's very clean, even the bathrooms, and my son rated all the attractions and activities top-notch. However, it is a great deal smaller than either of us expected. This is not, as we expected, a day trip; go if you're in the area and have a couple of hours to kill.

The one thing that dismayed me was the 4D movie we saw, "Racer", I think it was called. I was annoyed that in this animated fifteen minute long movie the lone female character, a mechanic, was dressed in a skintight outfit with her belly exposed, a uniform completely impractical for a mechanic. While I don't much care if my son sees female skin, even animated female skin, I do care if it's used to pander to a stereotype that female characters are only in movies to be arm candy for the hero, which this one was.

1  Thank KL W
LDCWestchester, General Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hi Karin 414
Many thanks for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester and for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that your son enjoyed his visit and that you found the attraction to be clean and tidy.
I am also thankful for your opinion on the 4d movie 'Racers' and will be sure to pass this on as I know a new movie is in the works to be shown in the theater. Be sure to check our website for new features and events as we are constantly looking to improve our attraction.