“my experience at Ramada Inn in Yonkers, New york” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Yonkers

Ramada Yonkers
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I wasn't signed up with Trip Advisor during my stay but I every time I drive by this hotel my skin literally crawls.

So I stayed at this location late last year towards the beginning of the year just because my home was getting some work done. Just a overnight thing.

Well the front desk clerk was rude. The first room we checked into had yellow stains on the mattress, and pillows. There was hair all through the blanket. There were spots on the blankets.

So we asked to be moved and after the front desk scolded me for waiting the whole 10 minutes it took to realize that the room was filthy, he moved us.

The next room had a damp smell to it. There was still hair all over the room. Long black stringy hair. This bathroom didn't have any used soap in it like the last one had but it still wasn't clean. The pillows had no stains but they had an odor. I slept on top of the sheets and threw the pillows on the floor in the corner and just slept on my arm.

Fast forward to 4 days later...I start to notice a puss filled bump near my underarm. Of course I was alarmed and ran to my dermatologist. After examining me, the first question he asked me was "have you stayed in any hotels outside of the country lately?" To which, I said no, just in the country. Well lord and behold, I contracted a skin bacteria from the hotel but not just me, my girlfriend too. So 7 days of Antibiotics for the skin and my system and I am all better. The second room sheets were obviously worse than the first because there was bacteria lurking below them.

Anyway, I wish I didn't have to give this hotel even 1 star. Maybe this is why they can't call themselves a "Holiday Inn" anymore and to Mgmt. who might see this review...SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME, I DON'T WANT ANY APOLOGIES OR ROBOTIC RESPONSES. JUST BE HAPPY I DIDN'T SUE YOU!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Staff was great; room was clean and quiet. The property is a bit long in the tooth, but then they are not charging top dollar, so I have no complaints and would return again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

4 Thank William B
Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel looks like it was stuck back in the early 80’s. The elevator looks even older and is small and has the distinct smell of mechanical oil. The staff was nice. The rooms were a good size and they were clean and the beds comfortable. However the furnishings were quite old and some pieces actually had graffiti literally carved into them by former guests. The room’s décor, colors and carpet all gave it a very dated and dingy look even though the room was clean and well kept. The dated look and the older elevator caused a drop of a rating star. The value and cleanliness and ample free parking peaks this at 4 stars. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court

Been to Ramada Yonkers? Share your experiences!