“Enjoyable visit”

Royal Regency Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I am in transition of moving to the East Coast and while looking for an apartment/home I stayed at the Royal Regency for a few days. Their rates were reasonable and the rooms were spacious. I am glad I found this place because it makes my move more comfortable

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Royal Regency Hotel

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights recently because it was the best appearing option suggested by Sarah Lawrence College for accomodations near the college (we were bringing our 17-year-old daughter for an admissions tour). The hotel was very disappointing for three primary reasons. First, it smelled just terrible. The rug in the elevator was severely mildewed, the carpets in the hallways reeked, and there were unpleasant food smells in the common areas. Second, the hotel claims to offer a fitness center, but it is very small, does not open until 7 (which is way too late for people who need to be somewhere), and on the day I tried to use it did not open by 7:15 because the general manager had yet to arrive to unlock it. Third, everything about this hotel is just terribly cheap. There is no soap dish by the bathroom sink. There is only one wastebasket for both the inner and the outer bathroom areas. The only cups in the room were small and plastic, and when I ordered a class of wine from room service, it too was delivered in a plastic cup. The hotel claims to have a restaurant but it appears to be little more than a not very nice bar. This hotel promises way more than it delivers. I have been fortunate to stay in many nice hotels and resorts, but I also travel for work and stay in more modest places quite happily if the hotel is clean, has a workout facility, and fast wireless. This hotel failed on two of my three minimum criteria (the Internet was just fine). Sarah Lawrence College visitors, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MaryKTX
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for 2 days as our friends were getting married a couple miles from this location. Good location and free parking although limited. Cosmetically beautiful in comparison to other properties in the area. HOWEVER!!! After a long night from the wedding we arrived and asked the Guest Services Clerk for a late check out which he acquiesced giving us 1pm. We were delighted. The next morning at 11:45 am a housekeeper banged on the door and when we told her that we have a late checkout she informed us that there was a $50 charge for that. One, we weren't told that by the clerk the night before, and two, when we called down to resolve the problem, we were told " The late night clerk didn't pass it along so we'll have to call the Owner to get permission to give you a late checkout" By this time my wife and I were annoyed so we just got outta there as fast as we could. BY THE WAY...when my pregnant wife attempted to use the elevator, the maids hopped on in front of her and told her that she couldn't fit. My wife disregarded them for she only had one bag and got on the elevator just fine. In conclusion, we will absolutely never stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose 237, the door doesn't close sometimes
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Boaerges
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have been coming to Westchester once a week since early 2010 for business
and must say I have never had a bad stay at the Royal Regency.

Typically I'll come in after work grab a beer and a burger and just enjoy a
relaxing night.

However, in the last 6 months the staff has given me exceptional customer
service.

I feel like a member of the staff or a member of their extended family.

They always have my room ready for my arrival and even upgrade me to a suite
when possible.

I will continue to stay at the Royal Regency, my favorite hotel, as long as
my work takes me to Westchester.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I attended a wedding on the 13th of April it was lovely the service, food everything was amazing all under one roof I loved it. The room did have a safe but we were right downstairs it was an evening wedding...no need for housekeeping. I would have never thought that someone on staff would go through all the rooms stealing anything of value left out. I wondered why the guy at the front desk kept looking up to the third floor. Well come to find out a number of the rooms were missing items. I emailed management and they have yet to respond... I was thinking of having my daughters sweet 16 here but I think not!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Vacafum
royalregencyny, General Manager at Royal Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

I want to thank you for writing this review and want to assure you that we take safety and security very seriously at this hotel.
I would like for you to call me direcrlty and we can dicuss the missing item.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and the food and we would enjoy hosting your event.

914-476-6200

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

This is a cheap place to stay. It is right off of the thruway and not far from New York City.
The rooms are not very big and they smell musty.
I toured to marriage suite while there and it was fairly large but also have a smell of mold.
They do have two halls and both are very nice for the price

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank taketwo1006
royalregencyny, General Manager at Royal Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your review.
We are very convenient to the highway and all the main thoroughfares in Westchester.

I would like to think we offer a great value to our guests.

You are right, some of the rooms are on the small side, bathrooms too. However, we are addressing both the rooms and bathrooms during an upcoming renovation.

Additionally, this is the first time I have heard of mustiness. Perhaps you can reach out to me and let me know what room you stayed in so we are able to address any issues.

Again, Thank you for your comments. please use me as your point of contact during your next visit to Yonkers.

914-476-6200
bobk@royalregencyhotelny.com

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I just spent the weekend at the Royal Regency is Yonkers attending the wedding of a friend.

The place was great; lively and fun with a customer focused staff.

The food was great, the service in the wedding was great the room was great and they gave me a late check out so I could sleep through some of the cobwebs.

Thanks you Royal Regency for a fun fun fun weekend!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad the staff let you sllep though the cobwebs. Hurry back for your next visit.

Bob Kenney

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
#1 of 2 in New Rochelle

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!