“Can I get a redo.”

Royal Regency Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've read previous reviews and I agree with so many. We heard people talking in the next room and it felt like they were in our room. The bass from the event hosted was extremely loud until midnight and can was heard clearly from my room. The gym ... Skip it there's no point. Breakfast well... Took a look and walked to Dunkin Donuts across the street. The rooms were kept clean is really the only thing I can say good , well and the location as I wanted to be close the Bronx. Also when they have an event the parking situation gets out of control and the entire stay is just frustrating. "Oh and watch out for the valets" they do bump other vehicles trying to squeeze everyone in their small lot when they have an event. And the bar was closed to the public for a while(one of the reasons I chose that place instead of the Ramada next door) Outdated ... Loud ... And priced??? Well let's just say Ill be looking around next time.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Michaellang54
There are newer reviews for Royal Regency Hotel

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had booked the hotel for its location. We were going to see our new granddaughter and the Regency was 6 minutes away from my son's apartment. The staff was very courteous and helpful. However, the room, although very clean was very outdated. Furniture should be replaced. Also there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. I needed a refrigerator for medicines that had to be taken. I could have gotten on for a $10 a day fee. Used an old fashioned cooler instead. May have to think about staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our first time in this Hotel. It was a nice room and the breakfast was fine. No eggs but the bread and cereal were good. The only problem seemed that we could hear the TV in the next room. Not sure if the TV was very loud or the wall was thin. The people we came in contact with were very nice. The cleaning girls kept the room very clean. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cat62666
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here previously and was more than satisfied with everything. There were a couple of small issued and we ended up changing rooms twice, but they were very accommodating.
We returned to this hotel recently to attend the nearby baptism of our first grandchild. Our room was clean but showing lots of wear. Had booked the room for 3 adults but not enough towels. The morning of the baptism, we awoke early to shower and meet our family for 8:00 am. Went to retrieve something out of my bag and noticed my clothes were wet. Water was dripping on them from the smoke detector! In the bathroom, water was leaking between the walls, running through cracks along the tub and into the tub, between the walls, and underneath the bathroom tiles. It continued our into the room. I went down to the front desk and returned to the room with an employee to show him what was happening. We were told they would give us a different room. Also tried to make a small pot of coffee in the room and found a used coffee filter from the previous people who had rented the room! By this time, it was too late for us to shower so we quickly packed everything up and left for the baptism. Needless to say, this was not the way to start such a special day! I have written to the manager but he has yet to respond to my email. We will be looking to stay elsewhere when next we visit our daughter and her family. Too bad....

Room Tip: If there on a weekend, ask to be away from the ballroom and the bar....especially if there is a wedd...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank karoheri1987
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We were road tripping through New England and decided since we were only a couple hours from New York we'd like to pop in for a visit. We decided on this hotel as we had been looking for something fairly close to the city where we could leave the car and take the train in. The Metro North station is only about 10ish min away ($15 cab ride), and the train costs $15 return and takes only about 20-25 min.
The hotel itself is really nice. Love the elegant old world décor. The check in desk though is actually on the 2nd floor up the stairs. We stood at the desk on the main level for a few minutes looking around for someone. To be fair there was a sign right on the desk to check in upstairs but we didn't even notice it. It would be helpful to have a larger one closer to the stairs. The room itself was a really good size. It's walking a fine line between outdated and old world décor though. I liked it, my sister thought it needed updating. It was very clean though. Free wifi but it was pretty slow at times. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Even let me use the phone after we had checked out to make our next night's reservation in another city. Nice continental breakfast- toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. We didn't have any microwave or fridge in the room, but I think they have other rooms with them if you request it. I would stay here again if I ever found myself in Yonkers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Went up to the Venue Lounge with some friends and family for the fourth of July weekend. We all had a great time in the lounge downstairs and decided to stay in the hotel for the night rather than drive back to my friend house. Great breakfast the next day which helped after a long night.....lol

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I am in transition of moving to the East Coast and while looking for an apartment/home I stayed at the Royal Regency for a few days. Their rates were reasonable and the rooms were spacious. I am glad I found this place because it makes my move more comfortable

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
#1 of 2 in New Rochelle

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!