“If clean and convenient is what you need”

Royal Regency Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Seattle, WA
“If clean and convenient is what you need”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you are looking for a hotel that is clean, close to major roads, and has pretty comfortable beds, then you should stay here.
If you are looking for update furnishings, flat screen tvs, or nice restaurants or shopping close by then you should move on.
The Regency is a very large hotel, which I can see would be great for large parties and events.
I was here chaperoning a college trip and this was the closest hotel to the school we were visiting.

Details:

Rate - $125 plus tax (taxes are high in NY.)

Front desk service was quick, and the early check-in time I requested was fulfilled. This was very appreciated after completing a red eye flight on the west coast.

It is heavy on wallpapers, deep red carpets and dark victorian furniture. But if your here for a night or two that really doesn't matter to me. The carpets were really clean, and the room itself was worn but clean.

Wifi is free-another big plus

Parking is free

The rooms are not soundproof by any means if that bothers you. As I sit here and type this report I can hear the tv in the room above. This afternoon I heard paper rustle, bathrooms flushing, etc.
The bar did look like nice for the second I was in there.
Bathrooms are very basic and small with a toilet, tub and shower. The sink is separate which can be very handy.
Major highways are very close. There is a strip mall with Dunkin Donuts, liquor store, Dominos pizza and a small chinese restaurant across the street. Two gas stations as well.

There appears to be a mall about 10 minutes away just off of 87. More restaurants there I believe.

Unfortunately for the Regency I am in the customer service field and I am a huge advocate for going the extra mile. Due to a large work load I decided to have dinner and wine in my room during my stay. I am not a fan of drinking wine from a paper cup ( a snob I know) and so I asked for a wine glass at the front desk. He sent me to the bar where they told me they could only give me a plastic cup. The bartender looked pained to give me that news, but policy is policy.
The question is this, why can't you trust your customers with a wine glass? If you think they are going to steal it, tell them you are going to charge $5 to their bill if they don't bring it back when they check out.
Some would argue that guests can go to the bar if they want a glass. But being a woman travelling alone I am not comfortable sitting at a bar alone.

Customer service is all about the small things, and this is small yes, but would have made a big difference in this guest's night.

Bottom line, I think the Royal tries hard, and delivers basic hotel needs. The rest is all based on the needs of the guest.

Room Tip: Room 208 faces the street, and can hear noise from many rooms. No idea if other rooms are similar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank got2go

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I recently had my moms 60th surprise birthday party at this hotel and words can't describe how astronomically amazing the service I received was. The hotel far exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond to ensure that is was a memorable night for my mom, myself and the guests that attended. The food was amazing, the customer service was incredible and the room in which my event took place was stunning. All the requests that I asked for were accommodated by the hotel. There is no doubt in my mind that when I have another event, this hotel will be the place to do it. If you want, class, elegance, friendly and courteous staff and a overall beautiful atmosphere to hold your event I highly recommend you choose the Royal
Regency Hotel in Tuckahoe, NY. I can sum up my review of my experience with this hotel in two words and they are SIMPLY AMAZZZZZZING!!!!.

ps. When you have an event here I also highly recommend you choose the diamond room, the lighting effects are beautiful and really sets the mood.

Xian Edwards.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We just recently stayed at the hotel. We have stayed here numerous times before. This time around we stayed because we had a death in the family. I had reserved two rooms. When we checked in they only had me down for one room. Lucky enough they where able to accommodate me. So now I go upstairs to get everyone settled in. I jump in the shower to get ready for the wake. NO HOT WATER!!! my nephew come into my room to tell me his room as well had no hot water. After taking a freezing shower since I had no choice. I call the front desk. I was upset as to why I was not told when I checked in about the water condition. The girl at the front desk apologized and said she should have but forgot. I told her I wanted to speak with the manager who was out at the time. Well the manager never once got back to me. I was told by the girl I would get a discount on both rooms. I arrive back that same night from my father in laws services. Still no HOT WATER!! it is now 9:30 pm. I got back to the front desk and was told to let the water run it would heat up. I'm very upset at this point, can't let the kids shower since I don't want them to get sick. Worried that we many not have hot water in the morning to shower and get ready for the funeral. VERY STRESSED OUT. Finally my discount was $10.00 dollar on each room, REALLY. Mind you we stay at the hotel 2 to 3 times a year for the past 15 years since we have family in Yonkers. Very disappointed this time around.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank missmill808
royalregencyny, General Manager at Royal Regency Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Please accept our sincere condolences. I would like to apologize for your recent experience with us. I am recent to the hotel and would love an opportunity to talk a little further and attempt to make up for our lack of hospitality, service and accommodations. If you can contact me at your convenience it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Arnold

Travellers are raving about these Yonkers hotels

Indiana
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I spent several nights at the Royal Regency earlier in the month. The room was well appointed, clean and well maintained. Access from the highway is simple. Plenty of parking. Note that reception is on the first floor, not the ground floor. When you enter, go up the stairs on the right.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back (even numbered) may be quieter.Traffic noise was noticable in the front.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Yonkers
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was extremely impress with the personal touch given by management "Krystal" was amazing that extra personal service making sure your stay at the hotel was comfortable...for me, made all the difference in the world... clean and modern room...truly enjoyed it...would definitely go back.. Luved it...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed over the weekend . I had a great stay . Your front office manager Dave was great ,extremely polite ! It was very comfortable , great location , and astonishingly clean. Such a great experience ! I highly recommend royal regency hotel .

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here with my church the past weekend "Hope Fellowship" and the front office did such a great job. The manager Dane was outstanding and so was the service he provieded to us. The location was great. The room were clean and comfortable. The sleep quality was great.. if your ever in the yonkers area i recommend Royal Regency Hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
#1 of 2 in New Rochelle

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!